News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

After Bullitt, What Is The Next Mustang Lost Treasure?

Started by BGlover67, August 09, 2018, 01:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I am starting to think that if It is indeed Mr. MoJo Risen's car, we will see a national news release with Kevin Marti first.

Shelby_r_b

Nothing beats a classic!

Coralsnake

Just think how I feel, I have been trying not to tell anyone for months.....

Coincidence?

https://carbuzz.com/news/ford-will-unveil-a-mystery-new-vehicle-this-friday-at-woodward

Maybe it will be a Nightmist/parchment 2019 GT500 along side of the Morrison car?

BGlover67

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

TLea

Quote from: Coralsnake on August 13, 2018, 04:33:16 PM
Before the week ends....
Careful Pete, we've kept silent this long. Just a little longer......

J_Speegle

Quote from: TLea on August 15, 2018, 03:02:45 PM
Careful Pete, we've kept silent this long. Just a little longer......

Don't want to be "That Guy"   ::)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

BGlover67

We're all starting to feel like we've been left out of the cool kids clique in high school. ( something I'm quite used to). :(

But I will drop this for the rest of us not in the know.  He who shall not be named on the forum (owner of 139), did not tell me anything except that he was invited to attend the festivities in Detroit this weekend.   Hmmm

Where's Eric ( car 100) btw?
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

6s2020

It's Friday, well at least it is here in OZ.
Can you say yet, are we there yet, huh, huh.....
😜😜😎

Coralsnake

BGlover67

It would seem to be something very big for the Shelby world, and I'm pretty excited.  Word is it will be unveiled at Woodward, and there will be folks on the stage who don't have any idea what it is.  I'm glad to see our 'experts' were consulted to 'validate it'. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

We'll all have to have a bit more patience as everyone involved was sworn to secrecy.  We can all respect that.

Of course being that I'm a relative no one, and I wasn't asked to swear a blood oath,  I can start a 'which car do you think it is ' poll.  All none 'Big Dogs' can participate.  Be warned that the legal team for Ford maybe monitoring this forum.   :o

Take a guess.  Is it:

A). Edsel Ford's long lost fastback?  A very cool car, but not much reason for the Shelby honchos to be involved.

B). Jim Morrison's Blue Lady?  Everyone including myself has been on the look out for this 67 GT500 nightmist/parchment wonder.  Start downloading your MP3 of 'Light My Fire' before the Apple site crashes if this is true.

C).  1967 GT350 (car 176)? This is a long shot.  This is the holy grail of early small blocks to guys like me.   It's the prototype GT350 seen in the promotional ads completed along with Lowell Otter's prototype GT500 V738-2 .  Long thought to have been crushed. Maybe.

D). Lil Red, car no. 131?  Car's 139, 100 and this car (131) were all sister cars in a sense. First and only Convertible, first regular production GT500 fastback and only notchback. Important to both the 67 and 68 fans.  Might explain Pete's involvement.  Odds are good it's this.

Hurray up and place your bets.  I hear Vegas will be taking odds.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

Richstang

Every time I think I've figured these things out a new surprise appears around the turn.

I just found this new post on Brain's website about #0176.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/shelbyresearch/f7ixr2Zz6mY

It's an exciting time for all of us if this is indeed Shelby related and not just about some cool Mustangs. I can't wait to see what's revealed!

When is this reveal?

Where can we see it?

WE WANT LOTS OF PICTURES....PLLEEAASSEE!!!!!!

1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

JD

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

67411F--0100-ENG.

Quote from: BGlover67 on August 15, 2018, 05:37:49 PM
We're all starting to feel like we've been left out of the cool kids clique in high school. ( something I'm quite used to). :(

But I will drop this for the rest of us not in the know.  He who shall not be named on the forum (owner of 139), did not tell me anything except that he was invited to attend the festivities in Detroit this weekend.   Hmmm

Where's Eric ( car 100) btw?

Hello Brian,

I just now found this thread.  I had not heard about this big reveal tomorrow.  I hope it is something really cool like 0131!!!  BTW, 0100 and I are still in Colorado.   

Thanks,
Eric

Richstang

Eric,

Your find of #0100, the FIRST production GT500, will always be a BIG deal. That was and still is such a amazing find!
It gives us hopes the other missing cars will one day be found. Hopefully sooner than later.

If the reveal is Jim Morrisons' Blue lady, that opens up a whole different type of interest level, much like the "real" Bullitt.
(Hey Brian G, isn't Jimmy's music way before your time. I guess no one cares much about the Red Rocket / Sammy Hagar's '67 GT500, from our Van Halen generation) 
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar