News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

After Bullitt, What Is The Next Mustang Lost Treasure?

Started by BGlover67, August 09, 2018, 01:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Richstang on August 16, 2018, 05:32:50 PM
Every time I think I've figured these things out a new surprise appears around the turn.

I just found this new post on Brain's website about #0176.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/shelbyresearch/f7ixr2Zz6mY

It's an exciting time for all of us if this is indeed Shelby related and not just about some cool Mustangs. I can't wait to see what's revealed!

When is this reveal?

Where can we see it?

WE WANT LOTS OF PICTURES....PLLEEAASSEE!!!!!!

Included in Brian's post is info which may not be fully accurate as it has to do with identifying a car by its rear valance compared to other Shelby's. I believe that it has been theorized that the early 67 Shelby's came with the non GT exhaust tip's and instead the duel exhaust turn downs (which could also come on a K code or S code duel exhaust) which is why they came without the cutouts in the rear valance. A regular Mustang duel exhaust car could be ordered that way too.  I suspect is that since SA was adding their own distinctive tip's perhaps the money saved on deleting the Mustang GT tips justified the extra work on cutting out the rear valance and possibly adding the typical duel exhaust turn out.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

Shelby_r_b

Should I really be as excited as I am about this reveal????

I can't help it!  ;)
Nothing beats a classic!

BGlover67

Quote from: Richstang on August 16, 2018, 06:46:36 PM
Eric,

Your find of #0100, the FIRST production GT500, will always be a BIG deal. That was and still is such a amazing find!
It gives us hopes the other missing cars will one day be found. Hopefully sooner than later.

If the reveal is Jim Morrisons' Blue lady, that opens up a whole different type of interest level, much like the "real" Bullitt.
(Hey Brian G, isn't Jimmy's music way before your time. I guess no one cares much about the Red Rocket / Sammy Hagar's '67 GT500, from our Van Halen generation)

Van Haggar is definitely my generation, but his Shelby isn't missing:

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1967-SHELBY-GT500-FASTBACK-SAMMY-HAGARS-201711

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Richstang

Quote from: BGlover67 on August 16, 2018, 07:37:35 PM
Quote from: Richstang on August 16, 2018, 06:46:36 PM
Eric,

Your find of #0100, the FIRST production GT500, will always be a BIG deal. That was and still is such a amazing find!
It gives us hopes the other missing cars will one day be found. Hopefully sooner than later.

If the reveal is Jim Morrisons' Blue lady, that opens up a whole different type of interest level, much like the "real" Bullitt.
(Hey Brian G, isn't Jimmy's music way before your time. I guess no one cares much about the Red Rocket / Sammy Hagar's '67 GT500, from our Van Halen generation)

Van Haggar is definitely my generation, but his Shelby isn't missing:

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1967-SHELBY-GT500-FASTBACK-SAMMY-HAGARS-201711

OK fair enough. #3172 was never missing, Hagar didn't buy it new, and it was born Nightmist Blue with an automatic, no stick.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Don Johnston

SA shop from LV supposed to reveal new toys that Gary said they could not reveal at SAAC-43 in Sonoma because of commitment to do it at Woodward in Ford's backyard..  Probably their Shelby version of the new Raptor and GT500 as a Super Snake with insane horsepower and major suspension mods.

Waiting...

Order of what I want it to be.

1) Morrison's car
2) Edsel's car
3) Prototype Hertz
4) Lil' Red

My bet is the odds will favor a reverse order of that.

1967 eight barrel

Morrison.. Blah. (I don't hold junkies in high regard)  As for another surviving Shelby, yes.  ( Rumor has this it that Morrison's Shelby's remains were found some years ago.) Perhaps it is now completely restored.
Lil' Red, Absolutely!
I guess we'll all know tomorrow!

silverton_ford

What about Connie's car?   Isn't that one still missing?

Don Johnston

Maybe as part of the NAFTA revision we will get a licensed Shelby De Mexico continuation!      ::)

1967 eight barrel

Quote from: Don Johnston on August 17, 2018, 12:50:17 AM
Maybe as part of the NAFTA revision we will get a licensed Shelby De Mexico continuation!      ::)
That's great! LMAO

BGlover67

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

Richstang

I think that article is referring to the 2018 50th anniversary Cobra jet.
No Boss 302 or GT500 yet...
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

BGlover67

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

67411F--0100-ENG.

I think/hope 0100 and 0139 are going to be joined by their long lost missing sister, 0131.  If yes, with any luck, the 3 "red headed sister cars" may be reunited sometime in the not too distant future.  Now, wouldn't that be something to see!!!