News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

'67 GT500 camping in Texas ???

Started by Richstang, August 23, 2018, 12:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richstang

There's got to be a good reason to do this. Why not take the daily driver and enjoy the great outdoors. Must be some kind of gathering.
Anyone know the car or owner?
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

tesgt350

If you look at the Top Passenger Corner of the Windshield you will see a Sticker, the Camaro has one too.  I can assume it is at a Multi-Day Show that also offers Camping on site.  I have been to several like that.

Greg

I love this, they are having fun with a great car. Remember, everyone has fun in different ways.  Many don't understand concours, but I do as it brings the owner joy to make their car as perfect as possible while others will ride theirs everywhere, rain, mud and snow.

I loved seeing the pictures Brant posted of the Shelby's in the rain. 
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Swiss-Stang

Picture might being taken outside USA. Look at the backplate of the front license plate. It has a european format.
Many US car owners in Europe install an american plate on the meeting ground. And 99% of the cars are driven to the shows, not trailered.
I was once stopped by a friendly police officer on  the road, because I forgot to remove the Texas Hemispair 1968 plates. 8)

Greg

Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

rbarkley

I think you are right Swiss-Stang.  Looks European and no Texas registration sticker on the windshield.
Supposedly the 2nd owner of my car took the Shelby out on many camping trips from 1968-73.
Ron

Richstang

Here's another photo of this GT500 from what appear to be the same event.
The Ford Ranger next to it raises a red flag on the location. There not available in the US yet, correct?
Curiously all the cars appear American. Maybe the Ranger is a traveling Ford displayed PR truck, after all it could be in Texas!

This second photo had a tag on it about the NAAF. It appears to have been posted 2 days after an event in Flint, Texas.
Looking up the event, a charity/awareness gathering, it could be at the Pine Cove Ranch camp site.

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

"You got mud in your tires, we are famous for our mud"
Quote from "My Cousin Vinnie"
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Richstang

WOW...more proof of them getting driven all the time back in the day.

Richstang

Well did some more digging and you guys were right! These photos were NOT taken in the USA.

I found a third photo of the car at the N.A.A.F. (Nemzetközi Amerikai Autós Fesztivál) = International American Car Festival
Based on Google translate this is Hungarian. Other photos show rows upon rows of American cars each with tents behind them.
There's monster trucks, a rodeo, and girls in bikini tops and daisy dukes with cowboy hats. It an All American love fest!