News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

SFM5s444 restoration is continuing

Started by doublemyv, August 15, 2018, 02:14:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlesTurner

Quote from: doublemyv on August 21, 2018, 07:38:43 PM
Can't wait to hear some morning talk show or classic rock on AM radio while waiting for my ice cream & butterfinger Blast at Sonic Drive In.

Good luck hearing the radio with side exit exhaust  ;D ;D

Try converting your images to .jpg and then use an image editor to size them down. Otherwise, attaching the image to your post should put a thumbnail, which can be clicked for larger size.

Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

doublemyv

Ok, this is the umpteenth try with a new process.  Mark

doublemyv

Well, we may have success thanks to Bossbill's post about adding the width=500 after editing the BB line after "img".  You just saw the outside of the restored original Shelby Cragar, now the inside for your viewing pleasure.   I thought we should show some photos of things that you wouldn't normally see once they are on the car and the restoration is complete.  This example of photo editing adds the formula:  img width=768 to the BB photo line.  Mark

doublemyv

OK, a few more that previously were too large.  Mark

doublemyv

Another original photo when the car was found in 2010.  Mark

doublemyv

The underside was a little rough after sitting in the dirt for 36 years.  Mark

doublemyv

The Shelby VIN plate didn't fare so well baking in the SoCal sun without a hood ( see backstory for details ) but was still there.  Mark

doublemyv

The Keystone mags hadn't rolled an inch in decades.  Needless to say, they were not going to be a part of the restoration.  Thus began a 3 year search for 5 original Cragar Shelby wheels that eventually were bought from 3 different sellers around the country.  Craig Conley at Paradise Wheels did an amazing job restoring the Cragars  ( see previous photos ) that will be on the car when it is driven in anger.  Mark

doublemyv

This is a photo of the seller Lee just before we loaded the car on a flatbed tow truck for it's ride to my home.  I still see him every few weeks around town, and he's been to the house many times to advise/help on the restoration and actually found in his parts collection at his home the original alternator that was on the car in the late 60's that has now been restored.  Great Guy.   Mark

doublemyv

After installing 4 wheels from two different motorcycle trailers with Ford hubs, the car was loaded on the tow truck for it's ride to my home.  One of Lee's pals is watching the car leave it's resting place.  Mark

doublemyv