News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

SFM5s444 restoration is continuing

Started by doublemyv, August 15, 2018, 02:14:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doublemyv

Well, that sort of worked, but waaaaay too big.   More homework.  Mark

doublemyv

Third Attempt at a correctly sized photo from " myimages " section of Gallery to this post.  Mark

doublemyv

Another photo that is waaaay too big.  I have read and re-read the posting instructions a dozen times for uploading images.   I guess I need a 12 year old that has more e-knowledge to figure this out.    One more try today.  Mark

doublemyv

Frustration is mounting, all I want is reasonably sized photos on the post. Mark

SFM5S159

I had not seen those-not sure if they were posted on the old thread.
Those have to be some of the coolest pics of a '65 GT350 I've ever seen.
Most of us dream of such a find!

Mike
'65 GT350, '67 GT500, '65 289 Cobra

doublemyv

OK, here's a sample of the studio type photos we have been taking of some of the parts that have been restored for 444.  Since the previous post shows the top of the motor & carb when the car was found, I thought this photo would be appropriate.  Mark

GT350Lad

My condolences Mark. Thanks for sharing your life and the rise of #444! Well done mate
6S373
6S1276

NC TRACKRAT

Thanks for sharing this bittersweet journey with us.  The continuation of the restoration will be very therapeutic for you and of great interest to all of us. 
5S071, 6S1467

gt350cs

So very sorry to hear of the passing of your wife. I am glad that you are now back working on this amazing car again. I am sure that she would be happy that you are continuing on your journey. Thanks for sharing with us here on the Forums.

Dennis

doublemyv

More photos of when the car was found.  Wheels in the dirt, the oil pan & underside,
the Seller named Lee, and loading on the flatbed.  We'll see how these photos post. Thanks, Mark

doublemyv

OK, so clearly there is some trick to posting photos to Gallery, My Gallery, My images, and then on the post.  I have tried every
type of process I'm aware of to fix the oversize photos.   I'm going to try one more tonight before I throw my computer out the window.  This last photo is when the flatbed got to my house & dropped off the car that night.  Mark

Shelby_r_b

Hi Mark,

The easiest way I've found to post pictures (that actually come up as thumbnails that you can click to enlarge) is the following:
- Click on "Attachments and other options" link located just below the text box of your next posting
- Then, click on the "Choose File" button that will now appear
- Select your photo
- You can add (I believe) up to 3 photos per posting (it might be 4, but I can't remember)
- Each time you want to add another photo to the posting, simply click "(more attachments)" located just below the original "Choose File" button, and another "Choose File" button will appear

Hope this works for you!
Nothing beats a classic!

doublemyv

OK, thanks for the advice on posting better sized photos.  Here's my next attempt for the day.  This was the dealer installed AM radio that is original to the car at the first sale in November 1965.  It has been rebuilt, cleaned and tested by the Radio Doctor in Grants Pass Oregon.  He also re-coned the original speaker, and it was bench tested with the radio, and works great.  Can't wait to hear some morning talk show or classic rock on AM radio while waiting for my ice cream & butterfinger Blast at Sonic Drive In.
Mark

doublemyv

Well, that was better. But still room for improvement on photo size.  This next photo is the original headers that I took off the car during disassembly.    Between the crash damage to the front end of the car by the prior owner that pushed the inner shock tower into the headers, and various welded up cracks, and mother nature trying to recapture the steel, they were pretty rough.  Fortunately, Jim Cowles makes a terrific reproduction set of headers, and they will be on the car when it is up & running.  More photos to follow.  Mark