News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Cobra Registry

Started by silverton_ford, August 15, 2018, 01:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverton_ford

I saw this announcement at SAAC 43.  A new online Cobra Registry is available.   Sounds like a great way to keep up with current information.   

Check it out here:  https://www.cobraregistry.org/

gt350cs

Link does not work for me.

67_1183

It did work earlier for me, but it is not responding now.
2nd owner of 67 GT500 #1183 since September 1976

Don Johnston

Must be from an overload of interest.  It is a posted link as well on The Cobra Experience site, but is down for now.

silverton_ford

It is working for me at the moment.   :)

Here it is again.  Maybe I pasted it incorrectly earlier.

https://www.cobraregistry.org/

terlingua11

I was on the site today. I see it's $100 a year to join. Has anyone bit the bullet and signed up? I'm curious on what the $100 gets you besides possibly more current information about the Cobra's history. Not living in CA going to the facility doesn't really play into the membership. I'd like to hear what others think that have joined-
SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R

CSX 4133

Quote from: terlingua11 on August 16, 2018, 04:43:11 PM
I was on the site today. I see it's $100 a year to join. Has anyone bit the bullet and signed up? I'm curious on what the $100 gets you besides possibly more current information about the Cobra's history. Not living in CA going to the facility doesn't really play into the membership. I'd like to hear what others think that have joined-

+1 as well.

SFM5S000

The link worked for me. I was just on it.

~E

silverton_ford

I finally got around to subscribing to the Cobra registry online last night.....   

Wow!  Very cool!  I will be spending a lot of time here. 

This is great!  So many more photos and quick information.

Thank you to everyone that put this together.  This is a great asset to our hobby.

Tired Sheep

I dont think this is associated with SAAC is it?

Where are they sourcing their information?

A-Snake

Quote from: Tired Sheep on October 26, 2021, 04:21:45 PM
I dont think this is associated with SAAC is it?

Where are they sourcing their information?

Info is from SAAC. Updated by the Cobra Registrar. 

wcampbell

So to be clear...what does the $100 regarding COBRA information get you that isn't in the most recent publishing of the registry? Looks like the site says to get access to the information it's $100 PER YEAR. In other words at the current release rate of a new registry every 10 years I'm paying a total of $1,000.00 over that ten years to have access to research/update the cobra data? It doesn't seem to make sense to me.

Cobra Ned

It's possible the online Registry makes the most sense to anyone actively looking to purchase a Cobra. Some of the data in a printed Registry is obsolete by the time it appears, hence an online version can provide more current information. In addition, while the printed version offers a photo or two of a given car, the online one provides various quality images of the exterior, engine bay, and interior of every car we can find. It is also updated constantly. Is it worth $100 a year? For a lot of Cobra enthusiasts, it definitely is.

S7MS427

Ned,

+1.  I've got to agree with you about the online registry.  Especially regarding current and timely information.
Roy Simkins
http://www.s-techent.com/Shelby.htm
1966 G.T.350H SFM6S817
1967 G.T.500 67400F7A03040

Kent

If there will be the day where we can check all pre 70 Shelby Cars online with one account at the saac database that would be awesome and I think people will pay good money for that.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68