News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Little Red

Started by Coralsnake, August 17, 2018, 08:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

Craig Jackson has just revealed he has Little Red...pictures to follow

Greg

I thought it was already found and restored by the Volo auto museum guys, is that the same car?
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Greg on August 17, 2018, 08:43:41 PM
I thought it was already found and restored by the Volo auto museum guys, is that not the same car?
Volo had the 67 Convertible. Little red is the coupe.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Greg

Quote from: Bob Gaines on August 17, 2018, 08:46:38 PM
Quote from: Greg on August 17, 2018, 08:43:41 PM
I thought it was already found and restored by the Volo auto museum guys, is that not the same car?
Volo had the 67 Convertible. Little red is the coupe.

Thanks Bob, I didn't know there was a coupe out there.
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

427heaven

Little red and the Green hornet were for sale at BJ auction recently and were a no sale if memory serves me right. Craig probably has them tucked away in the VAULT. ;)

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 427heaven on August 17, 2018, 08:54:50 PM
Little red and the Green hornet were for sale at BJ auction recently and were a no sale if memory serves me right. Craig probably has them tucked away in the VAULT. ;)
Craig is having the Green Hornet restored as we speak.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

BGlover67

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Coralsnake

Little Red is a 1967 Shelby coupe that had asupercharged 428. Its been "missing" since 1968, until this evening

silverton_ford

BGlover67

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Richstang

Thanks to Brian Styles for all the unveiling photos he shared with us.

The website Brian Glover posted doesn't share any useful info on where the cars been all these years.
Hopefully this will be shared with us soon along with some photos past and present.

In the Woodward presentation we see that screen slide of the car from years ago with a young boy standing in front of the right side of the car. It had the black vinyl top, the front fender, and hood on it at that point in time. It appears to be in drivable condition with a minor dent in the upper quarter panel.
Who was the this Texas mystery owner?
Where did he get the car? (Wyoming plate in trunk)
When did he get the car? (Wyoming plate dated 1975)
Who did he buy it from?
Are there other photos of it from when it was in this mystery owners possession, when it was in nicer condition?
Did the owner have a clue about what he had?
Come on...that's the meat of this story, not just the amazing discovery of Little Red on March 3rd.

What about the details of the car itself.
Were those aftermarket rims on it when it was purchased?
What engine did it have?
Does the engine it came with still exist?
Are the pieces in the trunk from a 67 or 68 nose? (Looks like a '68 nose to match the rest of the car)
Where are the fenders?
If they exist did they have any welded up emblem holes visible on the backside?
Was the a hood on site?
Are any of the '68 pieces with the car prototype pieces or are they production parts?

1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Coralsnake

Giant picture reposted below

The Fox News story is pretty good at retracing the history

Coralsnake

The car was updated to a 1968 Shelby coupe, sold used, two owners until Jason Billups tracked it to a Texas field

Coralsnake

Can someone shrink that photo?