News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Little Red

Started by Coralsnake, August 17, 2018, 08:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richstang

Quote from: roddster on September 03, 2018, 12:07:59 PM
  Side note:  OK, there is no Shelby vin plate on it now.  And no holes drilled for the rivits.  So, why is the a Shelby vin plate showing in some of the earlier photos of the car.  Did they glue it on?

What photos are you looking at that show it with a VIN plate?
There are none that I'm aware of that show that part of the engine compartment.
Perhaps you're mixing up that B&W photo showing a twin Paxton from #2392. It has been used to show what LR might have looked like.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Coralsnake

Agreed, I am not aware of any photo showing the engine bay and the tag

I doubt there ever was a Shelby tag attached to Little Red

Special Ed

No hand stamped shelby serial #s on rh shocktower top so no shelby tag riveted over ford # on lh apron top .

shelbydoug

You don't know the history of the car and it could be that the Shelby vin caused registration issues.

Back then it was easy to register a stolen shelby by the ford number by removing the plate. The rivet holes could simply have been filled with body filler.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bill

Quote from: shelbydoug on September 03, 2018, 07:50:24 PM
The rivet holes could simply have been filled with body filler.

The pictures do not show an area of depression or distortion where the holes would have been filled in
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Richstang

Quote from: Coralsnake on August 24, 2018, 11:10:19 PM
Maybe look at the frame rail extensions to see if an attachment plate was used on the bottom?

Since this was outside the interior panels and in front of the seat, it was probably cosmetic.

I hear there may be some more pictures coming out....the Jackson website is working.

What new pictures?

Richstang

Anyone know when the restored Little Red will be unveiled at Barrett-Jackson?

Saturday???

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Shelby_r_b

Nice!  Can't wait.

Pete's been awfully "hush, hush" about this unveiling.  ;)
Nothing beats a classic!

Coralsnake

If you are referring to this "Pete" I have not been involved in this restoration.

I do look forward to seeing it

Richstang

Reveal tomorrow...must be so it can be viewed all weekend by the crowd.

67411F--0100-ENG.

Hello,

Got to see it privately earlier this month along with 0100 and 0139.  It was pretty historic to say the least.  Static displays and driving all 3 cars together took place.  I am FORBIDDEN to post/share any photos, so please do not ask.  You will have to trust me when I say it was a special event that I will never forget, and I was glad to be able to participate.  I still hope that someday the first three production GT500s will share the stage together in an appropriate public venue.

Thanks,
Eric

FL SAAC

+ 1

Quote from: 67411F--0100-ENG. on January 15, 2020, 08:27:32 PM
Hello,

Got to see it privately earlier this month along with 0100 and 0139.  It was pretty historic to say the least.  Static displays and driving all 3 cars together took place.  I am FORBIDDEN to post/share any photos, so please do not ask.  You will have to trust me when I say it was a special event and I was glad to be able to participate.  I still hope that someday the first three production GT500s will share the stage together in an appropriate public venue.

Thanks,
Eric
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

shelbymann1970

Quote from: 67411F--0100-ENG. on January 15, 2020, 08:27:32 PM
Hello,

Got to see it privately earlier this month along with 0100 and 0139.  It was pretty historic to say the least.  Static displays and driving all 3 cars together took place.  I am FORBIDDEN to post/share any photos, so please do not ask.  You will have to trust me when I say it was a special event that I will never forget, and I was glad to be able to participate.  I still hope that someday the first three production GT500s will share the stage together in an appropriate public venue.

Thanks,
Eric
WOW Eric. I didn't think it would be that soon all 3 cars together. VERY COOL. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Special Ed

We are heading to BJ now to see little red.