News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Green Hornet

Started by Coralsnake, August 17, 2018, 10:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

427heaven

Quote from: Coralsnake on August 17, 2018, 10:58:45 PM
And it will have Conelec fuel injection
Well Pete are you going to share the good news with your involvement? ;)

Coralsnake

Naturally, I am involved with the help of Chris Long. Chris is the inventor's son.

Richstang

Quote from: Richstang on August 17, 2018, 10:30:53 PM
Pete you posted this photo of the car in snow in a light paint color at some point in time.
It looks like a few years old at that point...pinto in background

There's a larger version of this photo on Pete's "Coralsnake" website. The light vinyl top is not something anyone's mentioned recently. The Pinto in the background appears to have a square headlight on the drivers side. That would indicate the photo was take sometime after September 1978 as a '79 or later year model.

Pete,
Do you have the earlier photo from the unveiling presentation of the Green Hornet in the driveway, with the black vinyl top?
I'm wondering when that photo was taken.
My guess is sometime around late '69 or later. The roofline of the red car in the next driveway looks like it might be a '70 -'71 Torino or Montego.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Coralsnake

The earlier versions of the Hornet show a white top. The later (post restoration) show a black top. Let me look at the files I have again to double check that.

Richstang

I thought this might be the earliest photo. I'm hoping to get a sharper / larger version of that photo...

(I added that "assumed to be" later photo in the previous reply.)

Coralsnake

Oh yes that's Mr Darrow the original owner. Most likely a very early photo. Not sure when the top changed color? Later I think

Richstang

Thanks Pete!

Good info to know.

427heaven

So what was its early MYSTERY color. Was it color code F sure looks like my 68 vert with a similar color?