News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Twisted Seat Back

Started by 69 GT350 Vert, August 18, 2018, 06:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69 GT350 Vert

Does anyone know how to fix my twisted seat back on driver's front seat?  Not sure why, but it is twisting toward the right rear. 

Thanks.

Alan

Chances are the cushion frame is okay. Seat back lower curved arms and
Lower center section are bent. Best way is remove upholstery and lay frame on
Flat surface and straighten accordingly. Heat may be needed.

Max
'67    0029

Hotrod Hillbilly

The front seat backrest only has two support spots for it. One is where the seat is latched and the other is the support bumpers on the opposite side, the bumpers sometimes get compressed or are missing! Which sometimes causes, especially the drivers seat to twist the backrest back on the right side, which breaks the welds. People tend to reach into their pocket for the keys, while you are reaching into your pocket, you will push against the floor with your right foot and subsequently push on the backrest on the right side, causing damage to the backrest. Hope this helps!

69 GT350 Vert

Thanks for the replies. Does anyone have a photo of the seat back support structures without the foam installed ?  I am not sure what it is supposed to look like. 

Hotrod Hillbilly

I think if you don't have a welder or know how to weld, you are not going to be able to make the correct repair, it might be prudent to take it to an upholstery shop and have the work done, if you feel confident to do the repairs then you can take the Backrest off the seat while its in the car, remove the cover and foam, then you should be able to see where the welds are cracked by flexing the frame!

J_Speegle

Another option would to be to just get another seat frame or a whole different seat.

Just a thought and option
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

69 GT350 Vert

Quote from: J_Speegle on August 25, 2018, 01:45:38 PM
Another option would to be to just get another seat frame or a whole different seat.

Just a thought and option

I like this option.  I suppose the best option would be to find a good original seat.  I am not sure if anyone is reproducing them or how good they are.  Thanks.