News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

CSX2009 posting photo for John "Harris Speedster

Started by Richstang, August 20, 2018, 02:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harris Speedster

Ok;
Tom Payne
Waterford Hills Road Course
Clarkston Michigan

September 29th, 1963

Trying to document Ben from Golden gate, to Cuba, to Sebring, the Glen, Bridgehampton , Road America plus another dozen or more tracks.
I do my best to keep facts as correct as possible.

BTW, this may be the last picture of Ben in SCCA official status, cool that it was by a race winning AC Cobra.
Thanks guys,
John
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

kranky

In regards to the cut down windshield (plexi and aluminum strip base)....2002, 2011, 2017 and 2196 are the only ones that I can think of at the moment besides 2009.  I'm sure there were other Cobras with a similar style of windshield.

A-Snake

Quote from: kranky on August 22, 2018, 11:43:38 AM
In regards to the cut down windshield (plexi and aluminum strip base)....2002, 2011, 2017 and 2196 are the only ones that I can think of at the moment besides 2009.  I'm sure there were other Cobras with a similar style of windshield.

Didn't Gerber have CSX2027 with a cut down windshield at one time? Maybe the Badger 200?

kranky

To Jim:

If you are referring to the Scott Sperka photo on the RSC website, that photo is miss-identified as 2027, but it is 2009....one of the first Cobras out there with a full roll cage.

A-Snake

Quote from: kranky on August 22, 2018, 03:19:02 PM
To Jim:

If you are referring to the Scott Sperka photo on the RSC website, that photo is miss-identified as 2027, but it is 2009....one of the first Cobras out there with a full roll cage.

Yep, that's the one. Thanks for the clarification ;)

honker

Is this CSX2009 at a winter race ? pretty wild wing on it  :o

Kranky ?

Mike

kranky

Definitely not....looks like an extended and modified fiberglass Cobra body with some unique mods.  009's last official race was at Watkins Glen in August of 1971.

honker

Thanks kranky, for some reason I had that photo i.d'd as 2009, should have known better, looks like a dachshund  ::)

Mike