Author Topic: Smog equipment  (Read 2713 times)

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Smog equipment
« on: January 23, 2018, 02:26:03 AM »
Just bought a 1966 Tbird with a 390. It's got the air pump all the hoses brackets heads etc. Is it usable/same as on GT500? I'm going to end up with my 428CJ in it so I won't need the emissions stuff.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: Smog equipment
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 02:53:47 AM »
Just bought a 1966 Tbird with a 390. It's got the air pump all the hoses brackets heads etc. Is it usable/same as on GT500? I'm going to end up with my 428CJ in it so I won't need the emissions stuff.
The short answer is about half of it is the same. The other half is different. The alt adjusting bracket is different and most like the driver side smog tube.  The pulleys will all be different. You can also use most of the hoses. The 66 smog parts are completely different then 68-70 CJ stuff but the 66 smog parts will fit on the CJ engine the same way as on a 67 PI.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
Re: Smog equipment
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 02:01:37 PM »
Think you'll find that little is usable especially if you take into consideration that there are a number of running changes during the production year for your Shelby so more differences (parts not matching) if you have, for example an early car than a later car but still only a few more incorrect parts.

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge