News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1969 FMX dip stick finish

Started by aboss4tg, August 23, 2018, 05:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aboss4tg

Okay, getting the motor dropped in today with the FMX, need to know what the finish is on the dip stick. Natural, painted or ? The tube is a Robins Egg color so we have that painted and installed.

Would like to post current pictures but seems a little difficult. Any help would be appreciated.
69 GT 350 Hertz
66 Convertible C code
66 Fastback A code
88 Saleen
89 SSP

kjspeed

To post pics, see if this works for you:

Reply to the thread and then click on "Attachments and other options" under the main post body. Under "Attach:" use the Choose File to browse your computer for the file you want. You can click "(more attachments)" under that to add a total of 4, then Post.

If that doesn't work you'll have to do it the long way: http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=206.0
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

Bob Gaines

Quote from: aboss4tg on August 23, 2018, 05:46:51 PM
Okay, getting the motor dropped in today with the FMX, need to know what the finish is on the dip stick. Natural, painted or ? The tube is a Robins Egg color so we have that painted and installed.

Would like to post current pictures but seems a little difficult. Any help would be appreciated.
Robin's egg blue is a very accurate description of the correct 69 GT350 trans dipstick.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

aboss4tg

Car is getting closer, these are from a few weeks ago. Now have the front suspension on and on four wheels. The valve covers are not correct, just a set used for the photos.
69 GT 350 Hertz
66 Convertible C code
66 Fastback A code
88 Saleen
89 SSP

aboss4tg

A few more photos. Car is running now and working on the small details with your help from the Forum.

69 GT 350 Hertz
66 Convertible C code
66 Fastback A code
88 Saleen
89 SSP

Bob Gaines

Quote from: aboss4tg on October 08, 2018, 05:46:09 PM
A few more photos. Car is running now and working on the small details with your help from the Forum.
With that said I thought I would mention that the lower A/C compressor bracket was not painted black but bare cast iron color. Positive battery cable is not ether with that red rubber cover. comments meant in a helpful way.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

aboss4tg

Comments and any help are appreciated. These are easy to fix before everything is assembled.
On the battery cable, what is correct? The set I purchased came that way from the vendor, NPD.
69 GT 350 Hertz
66 Convertible C code
66 Fastback A code
88 Saleen
89 SSP

cj750

I was under the impression it should be this style:

Every post I make comes with an implied request for corrections. I'm here to learn.

Ldouble619

I'm still learning, but I believe the oil filter should be engine blue.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: cj750 on October 09, 2018, 01:42:06 PM
I was under the impression it should be this style:

Yes, that is the 67-69/70 Shelby style. Also a preferred orientation of the positive and negative cable. Sorry for the fuzzy illustration out of the 69 assemblyline manual but you can get the idea.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Ldouble619 on October 09, 2018, 05:23:14 PM
I'm still learning, but I believe the oil filter should be engine blue.
It depends on if you are trying to restore to a point before the first oil change or after. A later filter after the first oil change would be a Autolite FL1 . The filters were block color blue from the mfg for assemblyline installed filters. They were not painted on the engine . 

SNAKEBIT

Mr. Gaines, as usual, great input. So, the positive cable he has is incorrect or just its position according to the assembly line manual? Does anyone make a copy of the assembly line filter? I guess, as long as you have an Autolite FL-1 it will look correct.
Waitin' for the day I get my first '70 Shelby convertible!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: SNAKEBIT on October 11, 2018, 06:08:39 PM
Mr. Gaines, as usual, great input. So, the positive cable he has is incorrect or just its position according to the assembly line manual? Does anyone make a copy of the assembly line filter? I guess, as long as you have an Autolite FL-1 it will look correct.
The positive cable in his picture is incorrect. If you don't have a assemblyline blue filter there are at least two ways to approach the problem. You can take a original  FLI Autolite filter and paint it Ford engine blue . You can also take a reproduction FL1 filter and paint it Ford
engine blue . 

SNAKEBIT

What are the correct cables for a '69-'70 model?
Waitin' for the day I get my first '70 Shelby convertible!