Author Topic: 69 Shelby with power windows  (Read 1754 times)

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
69 Shelby with power windows
« on: August 24, 2018, 07:42:03 AM »
I ran into someone yesterday that claims he was an original owner on a 69 with power windows. The discussion couldn't be more specific by me as to questioning more special items.

He claimed that he sold the car for $200k and bought his country house with that.

Is it possible that he had one of the engineering cars with the Cougar dash, red interior, etc.? He seemed to be insistent on the power windows.

He says it was documented and I haven't asked Liska if it rings any kind of a bell yet.

Any speculation on this? Says he had "Shelby's documentation" on the car so lots of "caution flags" went up.

Just curious on this. No big issues to raise.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 07:43:54 AM by shelbydoug »
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

billups67

• View Profile
Re: 69 Shelby with power windows
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 09:07:35 AM »
The Black Convert 69 prototype/engineering car we restored for Tony King had cougar power windows. When we were researching this we found that there was a regular production fastback that also received the power window setup originally. I believe the story was it went to an executive at Ford. Vinny will remember.

Mongo

• SAAC Registrar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 09:15:50 AM »
9F02R480279. GT500. E70x15 tires. Straight Bill of Lading dated 1/14/69 from E & L Transport Co 7 Shelbys picked up at Wixom, MI rail ramp to deliver to A.O. Smith. Shelby Automotive Co. car shipped and invoiced to Shelby Marketing Home Office Reserve 1/30/69. MSRP $5355.60/ dealer cost $4493.37. Ordered by the original owner Russell DeYoung (Akron, OH). The car was painted Gold with gold XR-7 interior with gold and black insert bucket seats & power windows were installed. Purchased by the original owner Russell DeYoung (the Chairman of the Board of Goodyear Tire).

billups67

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 02:35:28 PM »
Thanks Vinny. That would be an interesting car. 102338 Red fastback prototype, brochure car??? was also given to a Goodyear executive after it was no longer useful at Shelby Automotive. The story we were told was that he let his daughter drive it to college. We found the car in Ohio.

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 03:10:05 PM »
Does it show that it was ever here in New York?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!