News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Weber Intake Manifold

Started by George Schalk, August 26, 2018, 11:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Schalk

This is a 289-302 Ford Weber Intake manifold produced by the Buddy Bar Casting Co. for FoMoCo, part number C6AE 9425-A.  It is in excellent condition and has never been repaired, which means no heli-coils, no re-welding, no corrosion, no cracks.  The intake has "Buddy Bar Casting" on the bottom and "FoMoCo", "C6AE 9425-A", "SK36852" cast into the top of the manifold.  This is a very clean intake manifold!

Asking $2,900.00 $2,450.00.  Email or message me if interested.

Thanks,
George Schalk
602-694-0168

George Schalk

New price on the Weber intake manifold.

Thanks,
George Schalk
602-694-0168

tesgt350

Quote from: George Schalk on August 26, 2018, 11:38:55 PM
This is a 289-302 Ford Weber Intake manifold produced by the Buddy Bar Casting Co. for FoMoCo, part number C6AE 9425-A.  It is in excellent condition and has never been repaired, which means no heli-coils, no re-welding, no corrosion, no cracks.  The intake has "Buddy Bar Casting" on the bottom and "FoMoCo", "C6AE 9425-A", "SK36852" cast into the top of the manifold.  This is a very clean intake manifold!

Asking $2,900.00 $2,450.00.  Email or message me if interested.

Thanks,
George Schalk
602-694-0168

Just Curious....... what is the SH 36861 hand stamped?

George Schalk

To answer your question,
It is my understanding that the "SK" part numbers were used on pre-production Ford performance parts.  The parts were tried and tested on the track, which noted changes/enhancements were sent back to engineering where the changes would be made to better the item either in durability or performance. 

The "C6AE 9425-A", "SK36852" is the first issue part number and the hand engraved "SK-36851" number was an updated part number done by the factory for a revision made to the intake.  You will find the "SK" part numbers on a lot of pre-production prototype Ford parts, which are rare and unique in themselves.

If someone has anything to add or if I'm off base, please let me know.

Thanks,
George Schalk

gt350hr

George your intake is one that was designed specifically for use on the GT-40 engines in '66. The SK 36852 number is the blueprint the part was designed on. There should also be another number preceded by a $ sign. this is the "example" number or serial #. SK parts were done in the Engine and Foundry Experimental Engine dept. There is another similar Weber intake with a "raised center" ( as opposed to the "low" center Cobra intake) With the C6AE number and the letters FAV for Ford Advanced Vehicles (Slough , England) That was made before this version. The major difference is the provision for the three bolt vent and plate on the underside. "Pre production" parts are most often done as XE numbered parts and SK numbered parts are usually associated with race engines , but there is "some" ovelapping. Every time a change was made to a part it had to be done on a blueprint and a new SK number was assigned. The Fprd casting number ( in this case) was put on the part for FIA certification purposes. "This" part was never in the Ford Parts and Service ( read over the parts counter) system. Yes parts like this are rare and in many cases ( not yours) the "experiment " didn't work., others did. In "my opinion" you are looking at 1 of 50-100 parts cast. The $ sign number could help if it is there. I have allot of data on SK parts and not nearly as much on XE parts.
    Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.