News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1966 gt350 header bolt question

Started by Karguy, August 28, 2018, 10:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karguy

Thank you very much Jeff and Bob! I think I will check with the owners of two of the cars that are very close to mine and I believe to be fairly original and see what they have on their's.  I recently found 273 here in Albuquerque of all places, It is been hidden away since the early 70s, the same owner. I can also check with the gentleman who owns 280.
Do either of you have or know of any spoke style bolts? There has been a set on eBay which I actually made an offer on a while back but they are quite  pricey and we could not quite come to an agreement.
Thanks for the guidance as always, Karl
6S281, in my family from 1972-1983. Back home January 2017, will not leave again!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Karguy on August 29, 2018, 10:55:57 PM
Thank you very much Jeff and Bob! I think I will check with the owners of two of the cars that are very close to mine and I believe to be fairly original and see what they have on their's.  I recently found 273 here in Albuquerque of all places, It is been hidden away since the early 70s, the same owner. I can also check with the gentleman who owns 280.
Do either of you have or know of any spoke style bolts? There has been a set on eBay which I actually made an offer on a while back but they are quite  pricey and we could not quite come to an agreement.
Thanks for the guidance as always, Karl
I probably have a few but not a set. I would have to check
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Karguy

Thanks Bob, that would be greatly appreciated please let me know perhaps I can purchase a complete set given a little time.
6S281, in my family from 1972-1983. Back home January 2017, will not leave again!

gt350hr

6S477 has the same as 406 , "circle three bar".  Rockfords were later in production. It is important to remember the bolts were supplied with the headers by Cyclone. There wasn't a "specification or manufacturers" call out , it was whatever they sent. Usually whoever had the best price.
    Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Karguy

Good to know Randy, thanks for the info

mygt350

Appears dished design was applicable to 65's and design with 3 segments early -mid 65 and 66 with segmented design and Rockfords into 66?
Continuous caretaker of 5S228 since May 1967