Author Topic: 1969 GT350 radiator fittings  (Read 2091 times)

aboss4tg

• View Profile
1969 GT350 radiator fittings
« on: August 29, 2018, 07:22:47 PM »
Question,

On the radiator there are metal fittings for the transmission lines on the bottom tank that I need to know if there painted Black like the radiator or Natural.

Started the car today for the first time in four years after an extensive restoration process. Getting closer.
69 GT 350 Hertz
66 Convertible C code
66 Fastback A code
88 Saleen
89 SSP

SNAKEBIT

• View Profile
Re: 1969 GT350 radiator fittings
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 04:41:44 PM »
No one has replied to your posting? Glad your car is nearly ready to enjoy. Have fun.
Waitin' for the day I get my first '70 Shelby convertible!

aboss4tg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 05:51:17 PM »
I was hoping for a little insight so we went with Natural. Motor started up and ran great with only one small issue, leaking radiator around the upper hose connection. Had to pull out again and repair the area. Just another delay but it's expected on these older cars. Taking pictures of the process and it feels great to see light at the end of the tunnel.
 Working on finishing car for a show in early November in Hilton Head. Orlando Mustang is working on the car and trying to make the dead line but it will be close.

69 GT 350 Hertz
66 Convertible C code
66 Fastback A code
88 Saleen
89 SSP

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 06:04:13 PM »
I was hoping for a little insight so we went with Natural. Motor started up and ran great with only one small issue, leaking radiator around the upper hose connection. Had to pull out again and repair the area. Just another delay but it's expected on these older cars. Taking pictures of the process and it feels great to see light at the end of the tunnel.
 Working on finishing car for a show in early November in Hilton Head. Orlando Mustang is working on the car and trying to make the dead line but it will be close.
There are two schools of thought on the subject. Regardless, if irreputable proof presents itself and they need to be painted it will be a easy and quick job to do (relatively speaking ) . ;)
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

SNAKEBIT

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 04:30:41 PM »
What is a reasonable price to pay per hour for restoration work on the body of the car? I'm not asking about drivetrain restoration and/or installation.

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 07:41:31 PM »
What is a reasonable price to pay per hour for restoration work on the body of the car? I'm not asking about drivetrain restoration and/or installation.

Depends on the part of the country, where the shop is located, cost of overhead for the shop and other facts.  Also allot of shops don't do "restoration" work just body work ;)   and remember everyone has a different definition of "original" and "restoration"  Getting on the same page as an owner of a body chop can be a very difficult task - one that doesn't not always work out.  Way too many stories that demonstrate the difficultly.

Shops that have a proven past (check the references) are likely a good place to start since it might be easier to reach a common understanding of what you want and what they can deliver
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

SNAKEBIT

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 11:19:12 PM »
So, no ballpark figure for the South East? $150/hour? $200/hour? Anywhere near there? I know a lot of factors to consider for the total cost. What is the scope of the project. How much of a basket case is it.