News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

WHAT HAPPENED TO MY CAR

Started by swpitman1232, August 30, 2018, 12:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swpitman1232

I was forced to sell my '67 GT500 back in late 2005 and was wondering what ever happened to her. I was in the Shelby Registrar
as the owner of #2956 which I'd owned for 34 years. Bought her the year after I graduated from High School off a used car lot in 1970. Bill DenBeste bought the car, but I don't think he kept it. Just wanted to know if the current Shelby Registrar still shows me as owner or if the current owner re-registered it.
If so, would it be alright to let me know who has it, they may like to know all the history.

Richstang

It looks like Denbeste still has the car. Photos from their open house during SAAC 43 earlier this month show the car.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

swpitman1232

Thank you so much for your reply. I was hoping that someone hadn't wrecked or messed it up. Kind of cool that it's in a museum for people to see, but also it's a shame it's not being driven and enjoyed. I loved that car.

gt350cs

swpitman1232,

I have sent you a PM

Dennis

1969shelbygt350

Beautiful cars need to enjoy and drive them

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

roddster

My opinion:  The registrars never "erase" history.  They keep tabluating it based on what they are told.  So, 100 years from now, your name will still be associated with that car.

Richstang

Here's a couple more photos from prior to the open house this year.

The cars in the collection seem to move around a lot, so it might be driven once in a while.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

stangman39

Forgive my ignorance.  I don't know much about Denbeste.  Are all those Cobras on the wall "real" ?

Coralsnake

Considering only 1000 (+/-) real Cobras were built, and prices start north of $700,000.....I would guess "no"

:D

stangman39

Good point  :)

I guess what I should have asked was...are those complete cars?  Or are they shells there for people to walk in and visually see what is available to compare colors etc?

Coralsnake

I'm with you...would be interested to know more about the wall of fun

gt350cs

Would be great to see pictures of the car when you purchased it in 1970! Love the vintage shots most.

427heaven

Ok I will play- How do you store some very expensive hardware that will not be going anywhere any time easily. Just like that wall of fame, park the CHEAP cars down low in front of everything. One doesn't need 25 cars to look at different paint job options. ;)

Don Johnston

Cars on the wall are completed rollers and do get pulled down for selected engine installation. On different visits I have seen a number that have been replaced on the wall or on the floor re-positioned so they do get moved when units are sold.  I would love to see a time lapse of the process.   8)