Author Topic: Policy on Posting Pictures of Old Magazine Pages  (Read 10211 times)

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Policy on Posting Pictures of Old Magazine Pages
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2018, 09:14:36 PM »
LOL!!! ;D
Nothing beats a classic!

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2018, 09:50:14 PM »
Most companies/authors allow "short" quotations of their works to be published as long as the source is cited and given credit.

All works published in the United States before 1923 are in the public domain. Works published after 1922, but before 1978 are protected for 95 years from the date of publication. If the work was created, but not published, before 1978, the copyright lasts for the life of the author plus 70 years.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

GT350Lad

• SAAC Member
  • Trent
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2018, 09:59:47 PM »
It’s a deal...I will take extraordinary claims, require extraordinary proof
Fair enough.  ;D ;D

;D
6S373
6S1276

stephen_becker

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2018, 12:29:47 PM »
Interesting post about pictures and/or info posted on these forums

I have somebody that did this to me on another shelby (cobra) forum"

".........you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing"

And I had to sue them  >:(

So be very careful what you post as far as other peoples pictures and/or information (especially if its false & defamatory) as it could lead to a very expensive lawsuit

Stephen Becker

stephen_becker

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2018, 01:01:30 PM »
You can also run the images thru GETTY IMAGES and see if someone has registered the pictures, etc. As Coralsnake said if you know who took the pictures or even just have a name just give them credit for it and move on

SGB

kjspeed

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2018, 01:34:58 PM »
So far I've scanned in articles from Mustang Illustrated Winter 1989 (McMullen Publishing), Mustang & Fords November 1991 (Peterson Publishing) and The Shelby Tale Feb/Mar 1984 (published by Shelby Owners of America, Inc.). None of these are in current publication so I wouldn't know where to begin to get written permission to post. Guess I'll just sit here and enjoy them by myself... :-X
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 01:36:35 PM by kjspeed »
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

stephen_becker

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2018, 02:47:11 PM »
So far I've scanned in articles from Mustang Illustrated Winter 1989 (McMullen Publishing), Mustang & Fords November 1991 (Peterson Publishing) and The Shelby Tale Feb/Mar 1984 (published by Shelby Owners of America, Inc.). None of these are in current publication so I wouldn't know where to begin to get written permission to post. Guess I'll just sit here and enjoy them by myself... :-X

I would post them referencing what the publication that they came out of and what year the publication was - If someone contacts you to take them down then take them down - SGB

kjspeed

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2018, 03:22:40 PM »

I would post them referencing what the publication that they came out of and what year the publication was - If someone contacts you to take them down then take them down - SGB

That sounds like a plan Stephen! I will start posting at this thread: http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=2333.0

Meanwhile, here is an ad that I came across in the Shelby American #37. If Inglese wants to come after me, he knows where I am  8)

« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 03:25:58 PM by kjspeed »
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt