News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Cobra story

Started by honker, September 01, 2018, 05:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

honker

Probably been seen here before ? from 2012. neat story on a 289 Cobra   8) Anyone know the CSX on it ? Has it been found ?

Mike

https://gregwilliams.ca/daughter-searches-for-dads-long-lost-cobra/

I was too quick posting this, if I'd read through my questions would have been answered   :-[

Richstang

I think this cobra was spotted at LMC not long ago.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Cobra Ned

I don't think LMC has this one. It was in Germany ten years ago, and the European Registrar is looking for it. It'll show up before long.

TransamEd

Could be I ran into the past owner, if the name is true on the cobraforum in Germany. He used to have a 65 GT350 as well. Invited me a decade or more ago to see his garage and mentioned a Cobra. Will dig further.

Greg

Great story, special cars always stay in our hearts and mind.
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

TransamEd

I browsed my accessible files, actually mixed that name up with another guy with a similar name, who unfortunately died early around 2004.

Still I remember having had a phone call from that past owner of the a.m. Cobra 15-20 years ago. Could be I have a phone number somewhere, but that takes extra  research in my cellar:-)

If you - Ned - want to dig for him, Craig Conley might have met him while being in Germany. I think he was one of the more relevant guys who helped him to find stuff and traces of 5R107.

rstainer

It's CSX2238, last recorded owner Dr Jochen Weißhaupt. I'll try to track him down again; Lorne Samaha was in touch with me early in 2013, but my then enquiries weren't fruitful.

Robin Stainer
AC Owners' Club Cobra Registrar

TransamEd

Just to set my above post straight, my memory failed. The other guy I meant was a different Mr. Weissxxxx with 2 other Shelbys, that have been sold meanwhile, not the Dr. Jochen Weishaupt.
So sorry, no records in my 25 years records from that past Cobra owner.