Author Topic: Kelsey Hayes decal  (Read 2346 times)

honker

• View Profile
Kelsey Hayes decal
« on: September 01, 2018, 10:31:49 PM »
Does anyone have a clear image of this Kelsey Hayes Brakes decal ? It appeared on a number of cars like the Comstock Mustangs, and on Bob Johnson's Falcon that ran at least one Trans Am race in '67 (photo below from Lime Rock) it's on the lower left on the front fender.. awhile back on the old forum someone was looking for it as well.

The two images below show the decal, one I blew up, sorry for the fuzziness   ::)  the other just for reference of the Falcon.

(photo from the REVS site, not sure of the photographer)

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Kelsey Hayes decal
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 07:38:27 AM »
I think someone did post a better image of that on the old forum.  I don't seem to find a copy of it on my computer quickly hopefully some one does and will post.

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

honker

• View Profile
Re: Kelsey Hayes decal
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 02:00:29 PM »
I found a better photo of that Kelsey Hayes decal, but the resolution is still not the best, what it is needed for is a scale model project.

This is from the Historic Trans-Am site, the Bob Johnson Mustang notch (photo from 2016) is this the same Bob Johnson (worked and drove for Shelby) as the one in the photo of the Falcon I posted above ?

This could be a West coast car, maybe if some one sees it at an event they could get a better photo.

From what I understand now, there were two versions of this decal, one with the brake disc, and apparently one with a wheel, Kelsey did make wheels as well I believe ?

Thanks, Mike

no credit for the photo  added a tighter shot of the decal.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 02:23:52 PM by honker »