News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

... for someone who wants to make there own “Eleanor” - NO!

Started by 67_1183, September 03, 2018, 04:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

67_1183

Just No!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Ford-Mustang-Chrome/401593471138?hash=item5d80d610a2:g:v2UAAOSwjlJbfJN4&vxp=mtr

VIN (Vehicle Identification Number):    67400F5A01528

This vehicle is perfect project car for someone who wants to make there own "Eleanor". This was my dads high school car he's the 2nd owner. Needs some love but will become something extra special if your willing. 
There's minimal rust. Engine is disassembled heads and intake manifold are off. Door panels are also off but we do have them, metal door plate is also off but we also have. Body is clean but paint has some chips. Really this is a beautiful piece of American history. Make it yours!!!!

2nd owner of 67 GT500 #1183 since September 1976

honker

from the VIN he shows, and checking the registry it's a GT500 ?

427heaven

That's where people that don't know much should stay away. That's a CONTENDER not a PRETENDER OOOOOH YEAH ;)

Cool car...I would give the guy decent cash to leave me(and my hand tools,liquid wrench,etc.)alone with the car for a half hour...... ;D

Richstang

Thanks for posting.

I didn't realize it had black GT500 side stripe on it until I saved the side view and did a brightness adjustment. The engine block looks very dry, as if it's been sitting unassembled for many years. Hopefully it is a good candidate for a rebuild. Maybe some surface rust but overall definitely worth saving. Forget the Eleanor comment, the buyer is just trying to market the car to a larger audience. Too bad they didn't post a photo of the VIN plate. I'm guessing no Z stamp.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: 427heaven on September 03, 2018, 06:35:42 PM
That's where people that don't know much should stay away. That's a CONTENDER not a PRETENDER OOOOOH YEAH ;)

If you bought/restored it you'd only be about 30 grand upside down when you were done.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

427heaven

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on September 03, 2018, 09:00:04 PM
Quote from: 427heaven on September 03, 2018, 06:35:42 PM

If you bought/restored it you'd only be about 30 grand upside down when you were done.
Only someone that doesn't know how to work on there cars or has to pay for every little thing, would be upside down... Not myself ;) Besides that's where he started not where he would sell it!

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on September 03, 2018, 09:00:04 PM

If it is going to take $62,000 to buy it, yup.

Greg

I always chuckle when people that are selling a car water it down and take pictures thinking it makes it look better.
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

BGlover67

Quote from: Greg on September 04, 2018, 08:18:40 AM
I always chuckle when people that are selling a car water it down and take pictures thinking it makes it look better.

That's called the 'wet look'!

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

CharlesTurner

Quote from: 427heaven on September 03, 2018, 11:35:35 PM
Only someone that doesn't know how to work on there cars or has to pay for every little thing, would be upside down... Not myself ;) Besides that's where he started not where he would sell it!

Depends on what your time is valued at.  For someone that could do all the work themselves, it will easily consume 1000-1500 hours to do a full restoration.  Maybe a little less depending on how nice the body is.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Greg

This is what I predict it would cost to have a nice show car.....if you want to take it to the top, obviously the cost goes up.

$62k - Car
$15k for the motor if its all there and salvageable
$35-40K in body and paint work
$10-15k in Misc (trans, rear resto included)
= $132,000 "best case"

Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

deathsled

That car is begging to be saved...
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"