News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

... for someone who wants to make there own “Eleanor” - NO!

Started by 67_1183, September 03, 2018, 04:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

Quote from: Greg on September 04, 2018, 03:51:45 PM
This is what I predict it would cost to have a nice show car.....if you want to take it to the top, obviously the cost goes up.

$62k - Car
$15k for the motor if its all there and salvageable
$35-40K in body and paint work
$10-15k in Misc (trans, rear resto included)
= $132,000 "best case"

You forgot $25k  for NOS parts from Pookie.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Greg

Quote from: BGlover67 on September 04, 2018, 04:40:35 PM
Quote from: Greg on September 04, 2018, 03:51:45 PM
This is what I predict it would cost to have a nice show car.....if you want to take it to the top, obviously the cost goes up.

$62k - Car
$15k for the motor if its all there and salvageable
$35-40K in body and paint work
$10-15k in Misc (trans, rear resto included)
= $132,000 "best case"

LOL ....... your right  ;D

You forgot $25k  for NOS parts from Pookie.
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

DC-DD

Maybe its just me but I think this is a great car for someone looking to get into a '67  500 at the low end  and its a good color and 4 spd car .  If your in business and thinking of restoring and selling then maybe not the car.  But If it's your hobby then who cares what it cost. IT'S A HOBBY, right? especially if you are mechanically inclined and motivated.
I mean if you go hunting you do not keep track of how much each gun costs and hunting licence and all your ammo you shoot . Targets and range time and hunting trips.  Golf do you keep track of all the golf trips or course fees, lost balls, broken tees, think NOT.  Do we dare talk about fishing!! That List  is endless. 

The point  is you do not expect to make money in any other hobby so why think that way for this hobby you will find more enjoyment in the car hobby if you do not put a dollar amount on everything that you do or do not do to the car of your dreams. 

Not every car needs to be restored to concours standards there is nothing wrong with a great restoration and driving it .

Now to get back to burning the rest of my NIKE sneakers!!! ;) ;D :P

Dominic

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Quote from: DC-DD on September 04, 2018, 07:47:12 PM
Maybe its just me but I think this is a great car for someone looking to get into a '67  500 at the low end  and its a good color and 4 spd car .  If your in business and thinking of restoring and selling then maybe not the car.  But If it's your hobby then who cares what it cost. IT'S A HOBBY, right? especially if you are mechanically inclined and motivated.
I mean if you go hunting you do not keep track of how much each gun costs and hunting licence and all your ammo you shoot . Targets and range time and hunting trips.  Golf do you keep track of all the golf trips or course fees, lost balls, broken tees, think NOT.  Do we dare talk about fishing!! That List  is endless. 

The point  is you do not expect to make money in any other hobby so why think that way for this hobby you will find more enjoyment in the car hobby if you do not put a dollar amount on everything that you do or do not do to the car of your dreams. 

Not every car needs to be restored to concours standards there is nothing wrong with a great restoration and driving it .

Dominic

Well said Dominic!

Jon

The car is worth saving, no doubt.

But even if you are doing as a hobbyist, it is nice to know you aren't in a hole too deep as you write check after check.

427heaven

There are not too many opportunities left to get into the entry level Shelby hobby, this is where opportunity is knocking. Remember a few years back we all cried about how we needed to spend 10k-25k to get a classic SHELBY. That was a time as is now- you buy,wrench,race,show,admire to your hearts content and when your done hopefully you can make a buck or 2 ;) Don't worry about the cash worry about having fun before you cant! ;)

Hockeylife

Anyone have any luck speaking to the seller? Be nice to know what engine parts are there, or not. Any other missing parts? Anyone know the car? Thanks

mark p

"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

deathsled

"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Side-Oilers

Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

GT350Lad

6S373
6S1276

stangman39

I've been playing with old Stangs since around 1994.
About 7 years ago I got back into them pretty strong and have owned a few since then.
7 years ago I moved to a new town, didn't know many car guys at all.
Much of the fun for me has been networking and meeting new car people and making connections to get work done at what I
feel is a reasonable price.  I've made some great friends in the process.
I like what Dom said.  Not everything has to be done at a $100/hr labor rate to make a really nice car.
Just my 2 cents tho.

Chris Thauberger

Quote from: 2112 on September 04, 2018, 08:57:58 PM
The car is worth saving, no doubt.

But even if you are doing as a hobbyist, it is nice to know you aren't in a hole too deep as you write check after check.

Its only money...
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

Coralsnake

Dominic

Could not agree more..not every car should be restored. I would rather look at this car than a concours car any day