News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

67 GT500 in factory Raven Black 1 of 3 #1060 / for sale in France

Started by Richstang, September 04, 2018, 10:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richstang

This is not mine, but a rare chance to own a 1 of 3 factory GT500 in Black.
Only 2 were built with a 4-speed, and the only 1 built with a thermactor.

For sale in France, (registry last reported in Switzerland)
https://www.lesanciennes.com/annonce/A209325-ventes-auto-shelby-500gt-1967.html

GT500 completed March 13, 1967. Sent March 27 to Hi-Performance Motors, El Segundo, CA. Returned to Shelby on September 8, 1967, then re-shipped to Mel Burns Ford, Long Beach, CA. Sent to Theodore Robins Ford, CA. Purchased November 12, 1967 by Mr. Michael Haley, CA. Important damage to the low engine. Purchased by Mr. Doug Sholts, CA. Purchased by Mr. Bruce Elder, VA.

Equipped with a 427 Cobra engine, she is sent to Europe in 1991, and appears in an auction in Paris. Acquired by a French collector who will keep it from 1991 to 1999. Sold in the south of France and restored, repainted in black and always equipped with the revised 427 engine. However, an error occurred during the running-in of the cylinders, causes a consumption of oil from the first kilometers of test. Disappointed, its owner puts it on sale. Acquired at the end of 2000, it is imported into Switzerland. In 2002, a complete Ford 428 engine with 428 cylinder heads and Holley double quadruple carburetor inlet are completely overhauled and installed. Taking advantage of this intervention, the engine compartment is repainted, a new hood and Shelby nose of better quality are also mounted. It was in May 2008 during a test drive that the car partially fires, obviously an electrical short under the dashboard would be the cause of the disaster. The damage is for the majority inside the vehicle, the engine only a few threads of candles are damaged, and some aluminum elements on the surface, but nothing too important. It is then acquired as is by a French collector at the end of 2008, reimported in France, where it is conscientiously repaired, the engine is extracted from its home to be controlled. The important cleaning is carried out, and the deteriorated interior elements are changed, such as the carpet, the dashboard cap, the heating box, the instruments of the dashboard, the flashlight. At the end of 2009, the vehicle found in perfect working order, and traveled only 1500 km. It is noted that during the incident in May 2008 the engine had traveled only 1000km according to its previous owner, which was confirmed during its control after fire. The two non-original elements are: the steering wheel, the reproduction rims. The car will change once again in 2014. This Shelby has never suffered the onslaught of rust or accident in his life. It still has its original monohull, it is accompanied by a French carte grise and a valid MOT.

1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Richstang

Very interesting write-up.    :o

Tires look like Avon 245/60's. I like them.

gt350hr

One of the other two is here in So Cal and may be for sale in the near future. Saves allot on transportation charges.
    Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Richstang

Quote from: gt350hr on September 05, 2018, 10:22:07 AM
  One of the other two is here in So Cal and may be for sale in the near future. Saves allot on transportation charges.
    Randy

Is that #3190, the repainted white car with the reflector tape where the 68 quarter and fender marker lights would be?

Richstang

Looking at #1060 again and noticed the side mirrors are mounted to the side of the body line not above it like was done at the factory.
I suppose that was done for better positioning to allow both visibility and the vent to open. Fender emblem are off a bit too.
I'll leave out all the comments on the modified engine. Still, it appears to be a really sharp driver/ local show car.

Bigfoot

Quote from: gt350hr on September 05, 2018, 10:22:07 AM
    Randy

Dons car is very different from this one.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

gt350hr

3190 is white and was originally black and one of three. What it looks like now is relative. Time and money can fix anything but loss of human life. RIP Kiwi.

Richstang

Quote from: gt350hr on September 05, 2018, 05:16:30 PM
  3190 is white and was originally black and one of three. What it looks like now is relative. Time and money can fix anything but loss of human life. RIP Kiwi.

Photo of #3190 going to Fab Fords in Knottsberry Farms. Might be from 2015.
I'm guessing that is Don driving.

#3190 is the other Black 4-speed GT500. It's the only factory Black 4speed without emissions.

s2ms

There was a black 67 GT500 I used to see at some of the local shows north of Seattle but haven't seen it for a few years.  IIRC the owner said it was an original black car...
Dave - 6S1757

papa scoops

I think that was my friend Mikes car. can't remember if it was an auto or 4sp, he doesn't remember either, but car got wrecked and rebuilt sometime in the 80's. phred

gt350hr

Quote from: Richstang on September 05, 2018, 11:06:30 PM
Quote from: gt350hr on September 05, 2018, 05:16:30 PM

Photo of #3190 going to Fab Fords in Knottsberry Farms. Might be from 2015.
I'm guessing that is Don driving.

#3190 is the other Black 4-speed GT500. It's the only factory Black 4speed without emissions.

Yup that's Don at the wheel.

Richstang

Quote from: s2ms on September 05, 2018, 11:36:11 PM
There was a black 67 GT500 I used to see at some of the local shows north of Seattle but haven't seen it for a few years.  IIRC the owner said it was an original black car...
papa scoops
I think that was my friend Mikes car. can't remember if it was an auto or 4sp, he doesn't remember either, but car got wrecked and rebuilt sometime in the 80's. phred

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The 3rd and only other Black GT500 is an Automatic with the VIN #1882.

I'm still looking for photos of that car. The 2010 registry lists it as present owner / whereabouts not known. If this is your friend's car, and he hasn't done so already, please ask him the give Dave an update on the car (and share some photos here).

I found this old photo on the internet.  Not sure which car it is. Looks black to me.

Jon