News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1967 GT500 Oil Filter Adapter Question

Started by Kent, March 26, 2024, 03:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kent

i have several Oil Filter Adapter here and I would like to know which one is correct for the 67GT500 to 100%

I have seen them with Sheffield Logo and oval FoMoCo logo and without them

I would be interested to find out what the numbers mean like 8,6,1 etc. is this the year?

SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Kent on March 26, 2024, 03:14:00 PM
i have several Oil Filter Adapter here and I would like to know which one is correct for the 67GT500 to 100%

I have seen them with Sheffield Logo and oval FoMoCo logo and without them

I would be interested to find out what the numbers mean like 8,6,1 etc. is this the year?
There are at least other examples besides the ones you posted that I have seen. I am skeptical the single number represents a date code given the ones I have found on 67 cars have numbers that range all over the map.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Kent

so they are all correct? I thought that in 67 they only had a fomoco logo in the oval. Do you maybe have an idea why some have he Sheffield and others the FoMoCo Logo? I think this adapter was used from the beginning of the FE until late 67. I have seen several different ones but I thought there is maybe something like a guide which ones were produced when.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Kent on March 26, 2024, 04:23:48 PM
so they are all correct? I thought that in 67 they only had a fomoco logo in the oval. Do you maybe have an idea why some have he Sheffield and others the FoMoCo Logo? I think this adapter was used from the beginning of the FE until late 67. I have seen several different ones but I thought there is maybe something like a guide which ones were produced when.
If by correct you mean used on a 67 GT500 then typically there is a date code (year number and month letter) that is metal stamped into the flange that gives a idea of time frame usage .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Kent

Ok I need to check that the most I have, don't have a date stamped. Did they really stamped them all? The one on my GT500 maybe has one from what I remember.

J_Speegle

Believe the individual numbers possibly identified the mold number
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Kent

Yes that was my guess also, but the range is interesting because they also changed the logos from Sheffield to fomoco in oval the later the numbers are. So they changed the molds over the years and the numbers.