News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Sleeping Beauty wakes up

Started by 427heaven, January 23, 2018, 09:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J_Speegle

Quote from: 427heaven on February 26, 2018, 09:55:56 AM
As some of you know I am completing my interior of my car that has taken an almost 50 year nap. The question is are the interior panels such as kick panels and deluxe seat back panels finished in a flat -semi gloss- or gloss finish? Thanks in advance.

Since these were molded in the color rather than painted they have a different look than many of the other surfaces around the interior and IMHO likely most of a shine (still being a semi-gloss) than the other surfaces especially originally fresh out of the molds
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bigfoot

Quote from: 427heaven on February 19, 2018, 12:30:57 AM
When I take my cars out for a little personal time the neighbors can here me coming from many blocks away. When I get close to home I usually see a few millennials that are neighbors kids and ask them if they want to go for a trophy run and burn the tires off and the answer is why do you want to ruin a perfectly good set of tires... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D If ya have to explain it they would never get it! Different times for sure.

That's crazy 😜
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Bigfoot

Quote from: 557 on February 19, 2018, 02:36:04 AM
Yeah well my car is kinda loud too...

I got one of dem things......
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Bigfoot

In fact I think it's my first street car where I need ear protection....
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

shelbydoug

Oh yea? Did your 'terrible 20's sons say, "hey Dad, that's a little loud, don't you think"? 'Big Brother is taking over. I'm afraid they are going to turn me in?  :o
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

427heaven

Parchment interior pieces are very hard to find both the originals and replacement items. Since I didn't want to wait months for some pieces to be made I went with the last parchment kit That was available at the time. This car will have a complete fresh interior installed so I wanted to get the color,texture,shine etc right. Thanks to all that have gotten me this far it has been a long road but it seems like its almost there. The list of guys is getting longer that want to drive it for its record run of 176 mph but for now its still going to be me!!! :)

427heaven

Good grief I just found out one of the spring clips on the deluxe seat backs is missing, broken off. Does any one know of a source where I could purchase one and how does one fix that situation? :-\

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 427heaven on March 08, 2018, 06:33:02 PM
Good grief I just found out one of the spring clips on the deluxe seat backs is missing, broken off. Does any one know of a source where I could purchase one and how does one fix that situation? :-\
They are missing on at least half of all 67 deluxe hardbacks on Ebay. They are out there . I mostly see them coming up on ebay. You might ask one of the vendors what people do who buy the cr@#py repro ones. I can't imagine there being enough original loose clips out there to supply all of the repro hard backs sold. There was a guy that seemed to adv them on ebay about every 3 or 4 months. You might have to step up and by a really bad broken one to get the hardware. Or you might have to buy a pair when you only need one. You might even have to buy another complete nice hard back and sell the one you have . Just trying to give you the lay of the land.   They are out there but very hard to find when you need one so if you are lucky enough to come across one don't let it get away . It might be a long time coming to find another.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

427heaven

Thanks BOB as usual-  My eyes and ears are peeled for one or more of these UNICORNS.

427heaven

While the interior is gutted and ready for an install I located my original gauge pod and was wondering if the factory wiring harness had pigtails added for the install of the gauge pod, or was the loom cut and spliced at SHELBY AMERICAN.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 427heaven on March 20, 2018, 06:50:55 PM
While the interior is gutted and ready for an install I located my original gauge pod and was wondering if the factory wiring harness had pigtails added for the install of the gauge pod, or was the loom cut and spliced at SHELBY AMERICAN.
If you are referring to power for lights the power was tapped off the instrument light (radio is closest) using the white Scotch Locs like what is used at on the headlight harness.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

427heaven

Thanking everyone along the way who have helped me get my project,  Beauty - Beast back together. The interior is taking baby steps and now has the seats recovered. I wasn't sure if I was going to make the tow, to Nor-Cal this summer but is looking better everyday. Do we need to get sign up info thru the club or just show up to the event? Thanks in advance-

427heaven

I knew I would have to cross this bridge sooner or later so the time has come to find a person or company that can get my steering wheel correct for my 67, so what color,texture,finish am I looking for?

BGlover67

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

terlingua11

Jeff Stephens is the wheel restoration guy-

width=222
SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R