Author Topic: Sleeping Beauty wakes up  (Read 60364 times)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Sleeping Beauty wakes up
« Reply #150 on: August 05, 2020, 04:27:51 PM »
Follow your dreams, life is short and we have no do overs

No Children, Grandmas, Household pets, or Men with underdeveloped sacs were any where near us at the time of testing. ;D No laws were broken it was a dedicated stretch of land for testing performance vehicles. 176 MPH is the number I want to achieve, now its a matter of how the ORIGINAL car was set up to replicate that, but if I need to to upgrade safety equipment to get there I see that as no harm no foul. I am not a young dude anymore... Safety First!
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 19, 2020, 05:59:13 PM »
 Your right Tony we all need to follow our dreams. At least a few of us actually drive or race our automotive dreams, using them as they were intended to be used. Viruses or not its great to get out and listen and feel how things were 50 plus years ago, where you could feel, smell, listen to automotive nirvana. If your feeling depressed just slip in behind the wheel and go for a spin you will be feeling better in no time. These cars are not todays marsh mellow cars that isolate you from the driving experience, but enhance every aspect of driving including money flying out your wallet for gas station visits.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 19, 2020, 08:28:03 PM »
+ 1 let me share with you something,  people ask me how many m.p.g. do our 69 shelbys get?

Truthfully I don't know,  but I can tell you that every 1/2 hour they drink 1/4 of a tank of premium and supplements. Oh and it doesnt matter  if they are idling still or going 70 m.p.h.

1/4 of a tank every half hour, always looking at my watch as I mark it once they start...welcome to America the greatest country in this world !

Your right Tony we all need to follow our dreams. At least a few of us actually drive or race our automotive dreams, using them as they were intended to be used. Viruses or not its great to get out and listen and feel how things were 50 plus years ago, where you could feel, smell, listen to automotive nirvana. If your feeling depressed just slip in behind the wheel and go for a spin you will be feeling better in no time. These cars are not todays marsh mellow cars that isolate you from the driving experience, but enhance every aspect of driving including money flying out your wallet for gas station visits.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 12:14:37 AM by FL SAAC »

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

TOBKOB

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 20, 2020, 08:49:05 AM »
Tell them it doesn't matter the miles per gallon but the fun per gallon... :)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 20, 2020, 08:55:15 AM »
+1 it's a land yacht

Tell them it doesn't matter the miles per gallon but the fun per gallon... :)

TOB

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 20, 2020, 03:32:19 PM »
  Reminds me of my friends offshore race boat, I said, oh my gawd how much hi test are you putting in? He said 250 gallons :o I said Daaamn... He just smiled and said that's part of owning one of these things. More smiles per gallon then you can shake a stick at. ;)

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 14, 2020, 09:43:26 AM »
Anyone have any experience with 200 mph tires? Ultra high performance tires seem to be rated at 149 mph. Maybe some have a Ferrari-Porsche or some other car that has been better then 149mph? Any real life experiences would be appreciated- Thanks in advance...

427hunter

• SAAC Member
  • Caretaker of 1969 gt500 #602 and 1966 gt350 #853
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 14, 2020, 01:24:16 PM »
11 pages not one photo - ::)
“You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means”

Inigo Montoya

“This life’s hard, man, but it’s harder if you’re stupid”

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 14, 2020, 05:08:28 PM »
They were lost to 1.0, there were pictures posted and dont know how to easily post them. Maybe a little tutorial ?

68krrrr

• SoCal Upland
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 15, 2020, 11:34:52 PM »
Anyone have any experience with 200 mph tires? Ultra high performance tires seem to be rated at 149 mph. Maybe some have a Ferrari-Porsche or some other car that has been better then 149mph? Any real life experiences would be appreciated- Thanks in advance...

I just did over dozen passes at over 170 mph this weekend in my 911 turbo Porsche on Toyo R888's at a 1/2 mile event ,it's the tire of choice here & plenty of guys doing over 200 mph ,this poor  cammed Camaro didn't no what hit him 😂

https://youtu.be/j3tjphdAvN8
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 09:40:15 PM by 68krrrr »
Current
1967 GT500 #1724
Nightmist Blue /Parchment
2005 Ford Gt Midnight blue
Porsche 911 Turbo 2007 Highly modified
1934 Ford Chopped & channeled

Previously owned
1968 GT500KR #03528 Lime green
1968 GT/CS

"Fly low & avoid the radar"
Thanks Adam

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 16, 2020, 07:18:21 PM »
Thanks for the real world experience with those tires at that speed. That was a thrill watching the telemetry and driver... and car, going thru its paces. Much appreciated-

427hunter

• SAAC Member
  • Caretaker of 1969 gt500 #602 and 1966 gt350 #853
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 16, 2020, 10:09:23 PM »
Thanks for the real world experience with those tires at that speed. That was a thrill watching the telemetry and driver... and car, going thru its paces. Much appreciated-

If you can go that fast you should be able to use the "attachments and other options" icon in the post reply box to post photo's of your Shelby.
“You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means”

Inigo Montoya

“This life’s hard, man, but it’s harder if you’re stupid”

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 17, 2020, 09:00:27 AM »
If you can go that fast you should be able to use the "attachments and other options" icon in the post reply box to post photo's of your Shelby.

See 1st attached image, red arrow - click on this to expand an reveal more tools

2nd attachment green arrow is where you go to navigate to where in your computer the images that you want to attach.

Purple arrow is where you click to add a second, third or fourth image.  You can only attach 1-4 image per reply, more than that you need to do another reply and add the additional image(s) to that post.

Once you have attached the image(s) click on the "POST" button at the lower right - orange arrow.

Hope this helps...

« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 09:04:53 AM by JD »
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 18, 2020, 07:25:51 PM »
Thanks JD... You are always a positive influence on here. Much appreciated-  :)

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 10, 2021, 09:21:24 AM »
As of recent discussion it has been mentioned that my car was NEVER the BLUE LADY! I concur it has always been BLUE CHEER!  :-[ Well its a cheery enough name just not sure I like it. After nearly taking a 47 year nap it is almost ready to have some pictures taken of it. I am not too good with taking pics and I was not really proud to show how it looked when I got it, but soon enough I will get some help posting pics of a completed car. My vision is to bring it back to nearly the way the car ran in its first couple of years of life... That was basically looking original with a shot of testosterone under the hood. Currently I seem to have the mechanical things taken care of with the 500+ HP FE but need little detail items to be taken care of. Not holding out on pics just want to present it as a completed car. Again many thanks to all that have helped, with the transformation of a forgotten Beauty!  :)