Author Topic: Sleeping Beauty wakes up  (Read 60426 times)

427heaven

• View Profile
Re: Sleeping Beauty wakes up
« Reply #180 on: October 17, 2021, 11:20:45 AM »
Thats a VERY tight fit on a Big Block car, right there! . I see where it goes, as always Thanks for the correct placement of things. ;)

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 17, 2021, 11:51:36 AM »
Here is a useful illustration that Branda has posted on their website.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 18, 2021, 08:10:21 AM »
Thanks Tony- How are things in Margaritaville? Hospital beds in the ICU are full again, out on the left coast. Be safe out there! Like the keepin it positive posts, and pics... keep them coming.

See you and sleeping beauty are progressing,  doing well. Keep plugging away !
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 18, 2021, 06:13:23 PM »
Thanks guys for the assistance with correctness, and the positive influence over the last couple of years, which have been very difficult on many of us and loved ones. Getting pretty damn close now ... One more question do the shoulder harness ends fit in the main seat belts or am I missing some parts?

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 18, 2021, 10:05:51 PM »
Thanks guys for the assistance with correctness, and the positive influence over the last couple of years, which have been very difficult on many of us and loved ones. Getting pretty damn close now ... One more question do the shoulder harness ends fit in the main seat belts or am I missing some parts?
The 67 Shelby shoulder harness does not fit in a buckle. The harness is secured to the floor on both sides in the same place as the front lap belts. Your arms fit through each right and left loop. The inertia reel keeps you from leaning forward in a quick stop by the mechanism latching at anything more then a slow deliberate pull of the harness.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 18, 2021, 10:54:59 PM »
That was the only place I could mount them, seemed wrong, but my race car belts have the shoulder harness, regular center belt, and the submarine belt all joint in the middle with a cam lock. Seemed weird that a customer back then would have to kinda wind into them, guess thats just the way it was. Thanks again for your guidance.

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 24, 2021, 11:00:34 AM »
A couple more original technical questions because I would like it to appear correct. Did the ground block require a ground strap to the block for the gauges to work properly or did the block ground itself to the chassis thru the mounting bolts.? Also what connection was used to mount the copper oil pressure tubing to the top of the oil filter housing something special or a standard brass T fitting? Lastly the gauges were illuminated with a nasty looking green painted bulbs, would a newer version of an LED bulb illuminate better and look better so one would not have to squint to read the gauges? Getting oooh so close now after sitting 51 years, all the boxes and containers that the car came home in are just about empty!!! THANKS TO ALL FOR THE HELP. :D

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 24, 2021, 12:18:23 PM »
A couple more original technical questions because I would like it to appear correct. Did the ground block require a ground strap to the block for the gauges to work properly or did the block ground itself to the chassis thru the mounting bolts.? Also what connection was used to mount the copper oil pressure tubing to the top of the oil filter housing something special or a standard brass T fitting? Lastly the gauges were illuminated with a nasty looking green painted bulbs, would a newer version of an LED bulb illuminate better and look better so one would not have to squint to read the gauges? Getting oooh so close now after sitting 51 years, all the boxes and containers that the car came home in are just about empty!!! THANKS TO ALL FOR THE HELP. :D
There are two cabled grounds to the block. The negative battery cable is bolted along with a star washer into the threaded boss on the front passenger side of the block below the head . Another smaller gauge cable is bolted to the rear of the passenger side head and on to the firewall with a small sheet metal screw like what holds the regulator . The screw uses a small star washer for better contact. No copper line was used from the factory only nylon. The copper is your choice but will look like a modification.  From the factory a special steel compression fitting plated silver was used to mount the nylon tube to the top of the oil filter adapter. The same will work with copper. Your choice to change out the factory green bulbs with brighter.

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 24, 2021, 02:59:49 PM »
Thanks Bob for that info... So the oil line fitting was a Shelby looking part, or was an auto part sourced item?

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 24, 2021, 09:31:31 PM »
Thanks Bob for that info... So the oil line fitting was a Shelby looking part, or was an auto part sourced item?
It was a Stewart Warner item that came with the gauges Shelby bought for the cars.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 24, 2021, 09:33:07 PM »
Just plate the brass one silver and be done with it. I don't think anyone except a well informed enthusiast will know the difference.

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 05, 2021, 07:48:55 PM »
Wishing everyone a Happy Holidays ,- Merry Christmas and be safe out there. My car is finally nearing completion so I would like to offer a very big Thank You to all that have offered a helping hand in many different ways! Could someone PM me on how to post pictures for someone that doesnt do that stuff too often.

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 06, 2021, 12:17:02 AM »
Wishing everyone a Happy Holidays ,- Merry Christmas and be safe out there. My car is finally nearing completion so I would like to offer a very big Thank You to all that have offered a helping hand in many different ways! Could someone PM me on how to post pictures for someone that doesnt do that stuff too often.

Look back at page 11, post #162 and click on the images, that steps you through one of the ways to post images...
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 07, 2021, 10:10:44 PM »
Thanks JD your always helpful... ;)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 08, 2022, 04:49:13 PM »
Back at ya !

Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy