Author Topic: Sleeping Beauty wakes up  (Read 60266 times)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Sleeping Beauty wakes up
« Reply #195 on: January 08, 2022, 04:49:57 PM »
So it's 2022, any updates  ?
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 08, 2022, 06:49:43 PM »
Thanks for asking Tony, it should be 100% assembled in a couple of weeks with pictures to follow. It has been a very long road, and am grateful for all the camaraderie from both the purists and the day 2 guys. It wont have the exhaust note of a motor boat, but one from FORDS finest, from back in the day.

GT350DAVE

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 08, 2022, 09:38:38 PM »
Can't wait to see photos of your efforts.
Dave
Support the SAAC Registry

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 08, 2022, 09:49:37 PM »
Thanks Dave to you as well, cant wait to actually have a car to show worthy of some pictures. 1971 until the present is a long time to finally be whole again. Then to fine tune the combo for that 177 mph runs. :)

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 26, 2022, 08:19:47 PM »
For some finishing touches... What color is the bottom Dust/ flywheel cover, on a 67 4 speed?

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 26, 2022, 08:49:02 PM »
Bare... hope this image attaches

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 26, 2022, 09:08:04 PM »
Beautiful picture, Thanks JD. ;)

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 12, 2022, 10:17:27 AM »
I wanted to post some pics and talked to my computer privy friends and their statement was, that is the longest most difficult process they had ever heard of to post pictures. I dont know, there are some things I let more knowledgeable people look at for me. The more advanced computer folks say it should be a 1-2 send process, have a few watching the whole process to see if it can be made easier for those of us that have difficulty with modern things! Thanks from the few... that need a little simpler process for these things.- :-[

honker

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 12, 2022, 10:42:35 AM »
I wanted to post some pics and talked to my computer privy friends and their statement was, that is the longest most difficult process they had ever heard of to post pictures. I dont know, there are some things I let more knowledgeable people look at for me. The more advanced computer folks say it should be a 1-2 send process, have a few watching the whole process to see if it can be made easier for those of us that have difficulty with modern things! Thanks from the few... that need a little simpler process for these things.- :-[

Thanks for this thread and updates on your car !

Not to side track this, but are you referring to posting a photo on the forum ? It was a one step process to attach an image to a

post, others have given  instructions to post through the gallery, but I and others agree there are too many steps. there are a

couple of threads concerning  the "upload folder is full"  thing,  the problem has been  with us since the end of February, Patience

is a virtue, I guess  ::)

Mike

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 11, 2022, 09:33:51 PM »
Does anyone know if someone is making an accurate reproduction of the original or close in appearance exhaust tips for the 67s that are using larger tubing like 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 as always grateful for the help.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 11, 2022, 09:56:44 PM »
Does anyone know if someone is making an accurate reproduction of the original or close in appearance exhaust tips for the 67s that are using larger tubing like 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 as always grateful for the help.
As far as I know you have to make them yourself. I did some about 15 years ago and it wasn't that hard .Of course you use a original to go by. I gave the dimensions to the muffler shop and they swedged the pipe down from 3 inch to 2 1/2 . That is not a drastic reduction. They cut the angle and I took the pipe to the chromer.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 11, 2022, 10:35:29 PM »
Thanks BOB, those were some of my concerns. :-\

Lfino

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 11, 2022, 11:22:10 PM »
427heaven. Our cars have been Sleeping for nearly the same amount of time. Since 1971 for me. Into the exhaust shop on Wednesday. 3 inch all the way with Shelby like tips. We'll see how it comes out. Will try to share photos.
482 tunnelport 4 speed. 😀

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 12, 2022, 09:01:38 AM »
Love to see some pictures of it... Best of luck!

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 27, 2022, 09:03:16 PM »
See if this works!