News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Sleeping Beauty wakes up

Started by 427heaven, January 23, 2018, 09:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

427heaven

Thanks Tony, Van, Roy, for the support..... The next items will be to make sure a wheel doesnt come apart, or blow a tire, or install a drive shaft safety loop, and cage, and a whole bunch of other stuff just to do it one time or maybe a couple times. Getting older now and am not Mario Andretti so need to do it properly. Will probably run steel wheels and race tires like the NASCAR boys run, rated at 200 mph plus.

427heaven

I am going to try to go to some of the larger gatherings around the BJ auctions. Hope to see a few of you and enjoy the general good vibe of auction week!

427heaven

Since I am not too good with picture taking, photos were lost to the 1.0 version of this site. Here is a picture of its last outing and hope to have some more... as summer arrives. Life has gotten in the way of car related items but at least it is a complete car as I write this. Had a clutch leg operation that prevents driving the car but hope to be able to drive it soon. It is streetable and will try to ease into making it safe for some of those much faster speeds as intended. Be well!   

FL SAAC

Quote from: 427heaven on May 10, 2023, 11:02:23 AM
Since I am not too good with picture taking, photos were lost to the 1.0 version of this site. Here is a picture of its last outing and hope to have some more... as summer arrives. Life has gotten in the way of car related items but at least it is a complete car as I write this. Had a clutch leg operation that prevents driving the car but hope to be able to drive it soon. It is streetable and will try to ease into making it safe for some of those much faster speeds as intended. Be well!

Very nice keep them coming, !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

JD

Quote from: 427heaven on May 10, 2023, 11:02:23 AM

Car's looking really good, get the left leg up to speed and have at it ;-)

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

FL SAAC

I know if a gentleman and his son that have been working on a 1967 GT500 since 1978....still going at it

"slow and steady wins the race"
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

427heaven

Did ANY 1967 SHELBYS come from Shelby American with factory tinted SUN X glass, depending on where they were to be shipped to?

JD

Quote from: 427heaven on August 25, 2023, 11:24:50 AM
Did ANY 1967 SHELBYS come from Shelby American with factory tinted SUN X glass, depending on where they were to be shipped to?

Rear window on all fastbacks were tinted, Ford Factory A/C optioned cars (and Shelby's with A/C) got tinted windows. 

Not sure if there was an option to get factory tinted without A/C - but that would not likely to have been on a car that was ordered from Ford to be a Shelby.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Bob Gaines

Quote from: JD on August 25, 2023, 11:51:28 AM
Quote from: 427heaven on August 25, 2023, 11:24:50 AM

Rear window on all fastbacks were tinted, Ford Factory A/C optioned cars (and Shelby's with A/C) got tinted windows. 

Not sure if there was an option to get factory tinted without A/C - but that would not likely to have been on a car that was ordered from Ford to be a Shelby.
Yes there was a option to get tinted even if no A/C but I'm about 99% sure no 67 Shelby's came that way given it would have required a extra special order . Dave Mathews would know for sure .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

427heaven

Thanks JD- BOB for the answers. So I will figure that the 1967 Shelbys that have this elusive sun x glass was owner additions. No dealer added or any other BS stories?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 427heaven on September 01, 2023, 08:55:30 PM
Thanks JD- BOB for the answers. So I will figure that the 1967 Shelbys that have this elusive sun x glass was owner additions. No dealer added or any other BS stories?
It is common for a replacement windshield to be tinted as most replacement only come that way or at least not much difference in price that made it a common choice. Date codes in glass can maybe help explain circumstance. Of course all windows would be tinted on a tinted window car not just front and rear glass (rear always tinted).
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

427heaven

The front and rear glass have always been tinted I believe as standard wasnt it?, I am more interested in, if the side glass sun x was an option or not...

JD

'67 Shelby's without A/C (to my understanding) did not have any kind of front tint, also no tint (dazzle) strip across the top - clear glass top to bottom, left to right.

I took tinted windshield (replacement) that also had a tint strip across the top out of the car I had and installed the "correct" clear glass.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 427heaven on September 01, 2023, 09:35:52 PM
The front and rear glass have always been tinted I believe as standard wasnt it?, I am more interested in, if the side glass sun x was an option or not...
Front windshield side glass were typically clear on a 67 Shelby .  My point was that when a clear front windshield is replaced that the replacement is typically tinted , The back glass is always tinted regardless. Is your side glass tinted?

427heaven

No, mine are clear and original to the car but I have some sun x glass that a few buddies want for their cars. I like the tinted look of them, and wondered if ANY came that way from back in the day, and possibly install them?