News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Sleeping Beauty wakes up

Started by 427heaven, January 23, 2018, 09:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

427heaven

Well in light of the crisis mode the country is in, I decided to take my car out for some personal time and burn a few fossils. The streets in the western hemisphere are all but deserted which allowed some spirited driving that has not been seen in decades. As it was a very good time it was very sobering looking around like an APACALYPSE moment. May it return to some resemblance of what we used to call normal. Enjoy your rides and not worry about values too much.

FL SAAC

+1 like a fine bottle of wine, smell it, savour it and then slurp it up and enjoy life is short

Quote from: 427heaven on March 18, 2020, 02:58:58 PM
Well in light of the crisis mode the country is in, I decided to take my car out for some personal time and burn a few fossils. The streets in the western hemisphere are all but deserted which allowed some spirited driving that has not been seen in decades. As it was a very good time it was very sobering looking around like an APACALYPSE moment. May it return to some resemblance of what we used to call normal. Enjoy your rides and not worry about values too much.
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

427heaven

That's funny Tony- As much as I like a smoke show,  I prefer more forward motion with a haze of smoke trailing behind. :)

FL SAAC

Quote from: 427heaven on March 19, 2020, 09:57:35 PM
That's funny Tony- As much as I like a smoke show,  I prefer more forward motion with a haze of smoke trailing behind. :)

That was a $2,000+ burn out. Took the fan, fan shroud, radiator,  belts, motor mount, one ujoint and tore one tire off the rim.

Could have been a lot worse....

I have all UNGOLD cars

Side-Oilers

I'll bet the interior still smells like victory, however.  Burned rubber is a fine odor, IMO.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

The Going Thing

427heaven

No its real, and has been caught on camera a few times. Trying to capture those images and post here is seemingly like me trying to learn Chinese. :-[

FL SAAC

Pronounced in this manner Shine-Ah !

Quote from: 427heaven on March 20, 2020, 02:34:45 PM
No its real, and has been caught on camera a few times. Trying to capture those images and post here is seemingly like me trying to learn Chinese. :-[

I have all UNGOLD cars

The Going Thing

Quote from: Side-Oilers on March 19, 2020, 10:47:09 PM
I'll bet the interior still smells like victory, however.  Burned rubber is a fine odor, IMO.

Do we need a cologne for men called 'Burnt Rubber'?

TOBKOB

QuoteDo we need a cologne for men called 'Burnt Rubber'?

You would probably sell quite a bit until the ladies got a whiff... ;D

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

427heaven

I got to hand it to Tony- I have never done a burn out that looked like that, I cant tell if its burning out or blowing up. ;D

FL SAAC

Working on the canned vintage air for the concours crowd.

Ince done will start on Burnt Rubber Cologne as THEY will never experience that smell.  It impossible by pushing a car on off a trailer.  Closest smell to THEM would be burnt croissants...lmao !

Quote from: The Going Thing on March 20, 2020, 02:59:27 PM
Quote from: Side-Oilers on March 19, 2020, 10:47:09 PM

Do we need a cologne for men called 'Burnt Rubber'?

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

That was a very memorable burn out...to this day it is known by all as the $2,000 burn out....ask me why...

Quote from: 427heaven on March 20, 2020, 06:18:25 PM
I got to hand it to Tony- I have never done a burn out that looked like that, I cant tell if its burning out or blowing up. ;D

I have all UNGOLD cars

427heaven

Took my car car out to possibly dust off some viruses, streets are very empty so are the freeways.A special shoutout to our military on this special holiday remembering their courage,bravery, and the willingness to lay it all on the line. Same can be said for all those front liners helping keep some form of normalcy for the 10s of millions hunkered down hoping we can get some resolution to this world wide problem. Strange when you take your pride and joy for a spin in the middle of a pandemic and a sacred holiday for those that gave all, what thoughts cross your mind. Stay safe, keep your distance from other people and other cars as you pass them like they are tied to a tree stump. Still not finished with it, but at least it moves down the road like a land locked missile. :)