News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

dashpot and glove box latch

Started by Cam shaft, September 06, 2018, 03:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cam shaft

1. Would the correct dash pot for 1970 gt500 4 speed, w/o air, carb# DOZF-9510-AA  be the electric or manual type?

2. Also, would the correct glove box latch for the same car with deluxe interior have the button or the lock?

Thank you 

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Cam shaft on September 06, 2018, 03:37:16 PM
1. Would the correct dash pot for 1970 gt500 4 speed, w/o air, carb# DOZF-9510-AA  be the electric or manual type?

2. Also, would the correct glove box latch for the same car with deluxe interior have the button or the lock?

Thank you
The 70 GT500 was a upgraded 69 model so somethings were modified to meet 70 specs . The 4 speed carb was typically the C9AF-M that was modified somewhat by changing out the automatic choke to manual. The metal carb tag had a "ED" (for edited) stamped into it to signify the change. The 69 dash pot was not changed out to the electric. A lock button on the glove box was typical on 69/70 Shelby.  I am sure Special Ed will be along to correct me if I am off on anything.  ;D
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

SNAKEBIT

Bob, I sure wish I could soak in just a fraction of what you know about these special vehicles. The intimate detail at which you know these parts is quite impressive. I'll keep comin' around to learn more. 
Waitin' for the day I get my first '70 Shelby convertible!

SNAKEBIT

I hate to ask, but what is a dashpot? ???

Chris Thauberger

It keeps the engine from stalling on hard deceleration. It essentially brings the throttle back to idle a bit slower.
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

SNAKEBIT

Ohhh, I thought it was something that was actually on the dash. Huh . . .