Author Topic: Horn wiring  (Read 5167 times)

TLea

• View Profile
Horn wiring
« on: September 07, 2018, 11:27:16 AM »
How were the original harnesses modified for the horn?

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
Re: Horn wiring
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 11:45:10 AM »
I believe they took the two wires from the harness (blue and yellow) and re-routed them to the toggle switch. Maybe someone has a picture. I can check my file tonight

gt350shelb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 12:47:12 PM »
cut  added butt connectors and ran new wires to switch
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

mygt350

• Continuous caretaker of 5S228 since May 1967
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 01:54:55 PM »
If memory serves me, wires were cut and 2 yellow wires butt connected to hash mounted switch on 5S228.
Continuous caretaker of 5S228 since May 1967

TLea

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 04:57:54 PM »
If memory serves me, wires were cut and 2 yellow wires butt connected to hash mounted switch on 5S228.
Both wires were yellow? What color butt connectors? Thank you

mygt350

• Continuous caretaker of 5S228 since May 1967
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 06:01:28 PM »
As I remember it, both horn wires were cut really close to the 4 wire connector at base of column. Then yellow wire was connected to main fuse block on upper kick panel and ran to one side of the dash mounted toggle switch. Another string of yellow wire was connected to other vacant switch connector and l. Other wire, I believe yellow as well, was connected to the existing wire going to the horns. So only one butt connector would be involved. I can crawl under my dash and see if I can find the connector, but cannot guarantee its original to the car.
Continuous caretaker of 5S228 since May 1967

65Clone

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2018, 05:31:53 PM »
This is 5s545fro another site. Hope this helps.

gt350shelb

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2019, 09:33:28 PM »
This is 5s545fro another site. Hope this helps.

that was the photo i was going to look for ..........  where is this other site with these photos?
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

65Clone

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2019, 09:57:23 AM »
www.nvsaac.com is the site, then go to gallery. May have been from www.saac site on someones post. I try to keep info on when and where as there is so much hoopla on what is correct or not. Good Luck with your search, and happy to help.

Jbarela

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2021, 12:51:00 AM »
So this thread kinda dropped off a bit, can anyone share pics of there cars horn waiting and how it connects to the main harness. What gauge wire was used? Are all examples yellow wires? How about total length of the wires themselves and how it was routed to the switch. Thanks for the help on advance.

Jbarela

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2021, 11:42:57 PM »
Well I came up with 34 inches based on the pic above, but its seems to short to me, my car is apart to even try to see if it will work. But here was a first attempt at it. Maybe someone will chime in and help with the measurment of there wires.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 12:26:38 AM by Jbarela »