Author Topic: Verify Authenticity  (Read 14294 times)

CharlesTurner

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Verify Authenticity
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2018, 02:23:36 PM »
I find it odd that the export brace doubler is absent or removed.   If it was removed, who ever removed was very careful to not score the cowl area from cutting the welds.  I find this questionable.   Also, why would this piece be removed, unless it was not there to begin with.   I see this as a red flag.

The top cowl section is not original to the car.  As noted previously, that piece has a NJ assembly plant 'PAINT OK' stamp.  Seems just a coincidence that a black one was found.  It doesn't appear to even be attached.

Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

s2ms

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • 6S1757 Info
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2018, 04:10:55 PM »
Interesting seat belts with the leather pad attached to the latch...
Dave - 6S1757

6s1640

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2018, 06:40:10 PM »
I find it odd that the export brace doubler is absent or removed.   If it was removed, who ever removed was very careful to not score the cowl area from cutting the welds.  I find this questionable.   Also, why would this piece be removed, unless it was not there to begin with.   I see this as a red flag.

The top cowl section is not original to the car.  As noted previously, that piece has a NJ assembly plant 'PAINT OK' stamp.  Seems just a coincidence that a black one was found.  It doesn't appear to even be attached.

Hi Charles,

I checked, but missed.  Now that makes sense.

Thanks

Cory

« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 06:41:49 PM by 6s1640 »

silverton_ford

• SAAC Member
  • Been dreaming of a Shelby since I was 7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2018, 11:19:02 PM »

The FORD VIN is consistent with my tracking of SAI GT350 and FORD VIN's.  It is very small number of units off another GT350 I have tracked that is very very close.

Cory

The cowl appears to be just resting (not welded in place) on the car and from a New Jersey car.  That was talked about in another thread. 

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2018, 11:52:17 PM »

Not sure what your referring to. The cowl top shown in the pictures is from another car so removing it would not have left any damage from the process and the replacement (or the poor effort of that process - shown in the picture file provided earlier in the thread not the ad) would be the reason for removing it originally from the body IMHO So if the pictures are all from the current car it seems to me logical and fit what we're seeing at least on that detail.

As mentioned in a duplicate thread the signs visible in the pictures suggest where the top of the cowl (the donor car) came from as Brian mentions above.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 11:53:52 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge