Author Topic: Verify Authenticity  (Read 14284 times)

GT350Lad

• SAAC Member
  • Trent
    • View Profile
Re: Verify Authenticity
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2018, 06:22:59 AM »
True Jeff. Big project, makes mine look small. Just gotta show my wife this one to make her believe  that things can always be worse
Cheers
6S373
6S1276

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2018, 07:54:40 AM »
At least that's not a crazy number and it will make someone a great project.  I wonder if it has the original drivetrain?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 01:50:59 PM by Greg »
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2018, 09:44:46 AM »
neat piece.
Hard to put a value on this one without knowing what it would cost to restore. Which of course would require an inspection.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

NC TRACKRAT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2018, 10:50:34 AM »
Agree.  It all depends on what's there and what's not and whether you're doing your own work or farming it out.  For the sake of discussion, reading the eBay listing, say it sold for the asking price of $80K and the buyer had the listing shop do a top-notch restoration for the quoted $125K...would the car bring $205K in today's market?
5S071, 6S1467

Grumpy

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2018, 12:52:28 PM »
Agree.  It all depends on what's there and what's not and whether you're doing your own work or farming it out.  For the sake of discussion, reading the eBay listing, say it sold for the asking price of $80K and the buyer had the listing shop do a top-notch restoration for the quoted $125K...would the car bring $205K in today's market?

Yes the $125k + Parts. That in itself could be very expensive.

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2018, 01:54:23 PM »

$205K isn't unreasonable IMO but it would depend on the restoration quality and originality.  The 66's are moving up since the 65's moved up.     

GT350Lad

• SAAC Member
  • Trent
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2018, 02:33:05 PM »

$205K isn't unreasonable IMO but it would depend on the restoration quality and originality.  The 66's are moving up since the 65's moved up.   

Agree if it’s a 4 speed in original black done properly I can see that money being possible. Would have to depend if original drivetrain being present
6S373
6S1276

Sfm6sxxx

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2018, 02:52:43 PM »
Hopefully, they kept the original drivers side apron with the VIN stamping.  Possibly hit hard in front given replacement aprons, rad support, and fenders.

6S1114

1970cougar

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2018, 03:18:33 PM »
How much is it worth with out the orig motor
65 Shelby GT 350
66 Shelby GT 350H
67 Shelby GT 350
67 Shelby GT 500
68 Shelby GT 500 KR
68 Shelby GT 500 Conv
69 Shelby GT 350 Conv
69 Shelby GT 500 Conv
20 Shelby GT 500 TRACK
06 FORD GT
66 ERA Cobra427
Kirkham Cobra

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2018, 09:42:53 PM »

Another question asked here and on other sites almost monthly. Really no hard and fast answer IMHO to that since (like a color change or trans change) it depends allot on the possible buyer. For some buyers they would not be interested in the car to keep (we're not discussing flippers here) at any price while others would deduct some and others it would not make a difference. The later might be planning on just building a fun car and plan on not keeping the car stock so in a stroker with aluminum heads we go.

Since its an active and current auction I've got no comment on value at this time :)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 09:45:21 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

GT350Lad

• SAAC Member
  • Trent
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2018, 12:34:19 AM »
Registry says black with no lemans stripe (I just bought a registry last month) but doesn’t specify a transmission
Desirable combo
6S373
6S1276

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2018, 08:31:31 AM »
I would offer this, the old formula (value = purchase cost + restoration costs) does not apply. If that were the case, very few Shelbys would ever be restored at this point, because restoration costs are high.

As Jeff mentioned, engine originality is not important to all buyers, so therefore, I think its probably better to add a premium if that case exists.

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2018, 09:21:53 AM »

I believe its in the 30-35% discount range. A performance car that has lasted over 50 years with its original VIN stamped engine is a rare gem.  Also, the statement that very few would be restored if it were just a cost formula does apply.  You have to love the car and willing to invest in it.  I also don't believe this one would take $125K to restore if you could do some of the work yourself.

Bigblock

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2018, 12:50:39 PM »

I believe its in the 30-35% discount range.

Isn't the engine question the first thing people ask when they are looking at a classic car for sale? Or if not present also ask if it has a 4 speed.

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2018, 01:18:47 PM »

I believe its in the 30-35% discount range.

Isn't the engine question the first thing people ask when they are looking at a classic car for sale? Or if not present also ask if it has a 4 speed.

+1