Author Topic: Verify Authenticity  (Read 14292 times)

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
Re: Verify Authenticity
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2018, 01:40:17 PM »
Really, in the case of a Shelby do you think that's the "first" question?  I see an awful lot of Shelbys sell without their original drivetrain components.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 01:43:05 PM by Coralsnake »

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2018, 02:04:21 PM »
Really, in the case of a Shelby do you think that's the "first" question?  I see an awful lot of Shelbys sell without their original drivetrain components.

I think it depends on the asking price to a degree. 

If you are asking top dollar and have the paper work that verifies authintiecity that it is a real Shelby, then I believe that would naturally be the first question.  If it's a true Shelby and the price is low, then I suspect a buyer would be more interested in condition.   
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

CharlesTurner

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2018, 02:33:15 PM »
I'd think a replacement radiator support and driver side apron would be a detriment to the value also.  A collision requiring replacement of those components would normally be a hard hit.  Might be other structural issues/twisting.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2018, 04:02:58 PM »
How much is it worth with out the orig motor

I believe its in the 30-35% discount range.

Without trying to “fine tune” anyone else’s estimate I would say Ballpark 25%.
As an example
If a nicely restored 67-350 or KR with NOM (non original motor) was 120k,..I don’t see the same car with original VIN stamped motor,..apples to apples condition being $40,000 more. Maybe like $20,000 - $25000 more.
Just my 2c
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2018, 06:44:55 PM »
The lister responded that the car had its Vin stamped engine as well as the original transmission and rear end.

Sfm6sxxx

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2018, 07:38:49 PM »
Interesting.  My friend was told the engine was a 68 302 shortblock that had the original heads & intake.

6S1114

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 25, 2018, 07:44:33 PM »
Interesting.  My friend was told the engine was a 68 302 shortblock that had the original heads & intake.

Then if anyone is interested, they better view in person or get a guarantee before you purchase.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 09:42:31 PM by Greg »

TLea

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2018, 07:52:13 PM »
My experience is the current trend is auto transmissions are larger detractor of value than original motor

CharlesTurner

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2018, 11:19:35 AM »

The motor that appears to be in the car is a C8 casting.  If the original block was included, would think there would be pictures.

Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

silverton_ford

• SAAC Member
  • Been dreaming of a Shelby since I was 7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2018, 01:10:35 PM »
More pictures here.  This was listed in the auction.  https://www.flickr.com/gp/52767089@N05/448mbB

GT350Lad

• SAAC Member
  • Trent
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2018, 03:01:04 PM »
Thanks Brian, lots of pics, confirms the grafted cowl that Jim alluded to in the other thread, gee it looks rough in areas. Some rear end photos and T10 (if present) would be good
Still think you gotta restore the old girl
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 04:50:09 PM by GT350Lad »
6S373
6S1276

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2018, 03:16:31 PM »
I received this from the person selling the car.

"Tonight my wife updated the eBay listing with the following:

1) Vehicle photos - she added 7 more photos that include photos of it when her dad had it which is how it originally looked, a GT350 Owner's Manual, a Ford High Performance Equipment Manual, a 1966 GT350 Pre-Delivery Service Sheet, the Original Purchase Agreement and a Ford Owner's Manual.

2) Added a list of the parts on the shelves as seen in the photo.

3) Added a link to Flickr where she uploaded 350 photos of the vehicle and the items on the parts' list.

Last of all, the daughter personally told me that she believes she remembers the Shelby plate. She stated she has boxes of all her dad's stuff unopened, and they have not gone through them to date. I emphasized that the plate was critical to the sale of the vehicle, and she needed to look for it ASAP.

Again, I still strongly recommend that any interested party take a personal look at this vehicle.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need more information."

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2018, 05:16:22 PM »
More pictures here.  This was listed in the auction.  https://www.flickr.com/gp/52767089@N05/448mbB

As ALWAYS have the car looked at before you buy or bid.

Don't be "that guy"
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

6s1640

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2018, 02:15:23 PM »
I find it odd that the export brace doubler is absent or removed.   If it was removed, who ever removed was very careful to not score the cowl area from cutting the welds.  I find this questionable.   Also, why would this piece be removed, unless it was not there to begin with.   I see this as a red flag.

The FORD VIN is consistent with my tracking of SAI GT350 and FORD VIN's.  It is very small number of units off another GT350 I have tracked that is very very close.

Cory
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 02:17:15 PM by 6s1640 »

Sfm6sxxx

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2018, 02:22:39 PM »
I find it odd that the export brace doubler is absent or removed.   If it was removed, who ever removed was very careful to not score the cowl area from cutting the welds.  I find this questionable.   Also, why would this piece be removed, unless it was not there to begin with.   I see this as a red flag.

The FORD VIN is consistent with my tracking of SAI GT350 and FORD VIN's.  It is very small number of units off another GT350 I have tracked that is very very close.

Cory

I assume you are speaking of the black car on Ebay that had "substantial metal repair" (likely from the tires up to the highest point of the roof).  It is just a few numbers off from.

6S1114