News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Ensuing Hurricane

Started by BGlover67, September 12, 2018, 05:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

Please keep our southern east coast Shelby brethren in your prayers this weekend as hurricane Florence takes a swipe at us.  I'm seriously considering inflating a few army surplus rubber rafts under each tire of 26 to keep her high and dry. The Weather Channel is predicting nothing but misery.   :'(
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Ldouble619

I'll be praying for you guys. I hope it weakens and moves along quickly.

deathsled

Can you guys drive your cars out of there to another state until it ends? Or transport them to a garage out of state for temporary storage?
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Corey Bowcutt

Brian, best of luck with the storm. Weather folks love to predict doom and gloom so let's hope they are wrong. You can always drive that beautiful car north and stash it in my half built garage ;D.

Ldouble619

You can bring it to my house in Florida. Lift is open

kjspeed

I hope the storm is less damaging than anticipated. I will also offer inside, dry storage (no A/C or heat) on the Gulf Coast of Florida for ANYONE who needs to move a car for safe keeping.
~Kevin
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Brian, its only 7 hours to my house, we can store it in my buddies barn, that's if it doesn't mind sleeping with a 1968 Dart with a 572 Hemi with a cross-ram, a 1969 427 4 speed Corvette Roadster with A/C, a 1967 Barracuda with a blown 426 Hemi, a 1972 MGB, and 427 SOHC on a stand with a blower, plus my car and some other assorted engines including another Hemi. Its only a 7 hour drive from Charlotte, come on up  ;D
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

CSX 4133

Here's hoping the South & North Carolina Shelby members stay safe, they are calling for an outrageous amount of rain and wind.

Richstang

Brian, take a few days off and get the family away from there. I know your further inland, but the amount of rainfall their predicting sounds crazy.
Best of luck to everyone in the Florence path. Above all, don't take any chances and be safe!
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Bill

Quote from: BGlover67 on September 12, 2018, 05:54:37 PM
Please keep our southern east coast Shelby brethren in your prayers this weekend as hurricane Florence takes a swipe at us.  I'm seriously considering inflating a few army surplus rubber rafts under each tire of 26 to keep her high and dry. The Weather Channel is predicting nothing but misery.   :'(

Brian,

You'll be fine, if truly worried, take inventory of what you have with video, upload it to the cloud, and be done with it. We are currently in the bulls-eye per the latest NOOA forcast (https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at1+shtml/145549.shtml?gm_track) , yet I've got 1584 stashed in the garage, safe and sound. Frankly, I'm more worried about the neighbors two oak trees and the front corner of my house than where the Shelby is located. Although, if something should happen, that is what I have insurance for.

Here is to hoping nobody has to use theirs.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Hoping and praying it is less severe than anticipated.   :-\

Keep you and your family safe first. Cars are important, but replaceable.

69mach351w

Even where I'm at here in WNC, they're calling for 5-7" of rain. No doubt there will be severe flooding here :(

NC TRACKRAT

I think we're going to be o.k. in Winston-Salem.  Current fcst indicates it's going to turn S at the coast, then head W, then swing up towards Asheville,  here only 4-6 inches of rain and 40-50 mph winds for Sat/Sun. Our basement garage is totally full w/7 cars and, if it starts to flood ours (which I seriously doubt), I've got enough jackstands to get most of them up a foot or more. BTW, Heacock Classic sent out an e-mail offering, if need be, up to $250 to re-locate insured vehicles.  Nice gesture!
5S071, 6S1467

69gt500

Quote from: NC TRACKRAT on September 12, 2018, 08:27:02 PM
I think we're going to be o.k. in Winston-Salem.  Current fcst indicates it's going to turn S at the coast, then head W, then swing up towards Asheville,  here only 4-6 inches of rain and 40-50 mph winds for Sat/Sun. Our basement garage is totally full w/7 cars and, if it starts to flood ours (which I seriously doubt), I've got enough jackstands to get most of them up a foot or more. BTW, Heacock Classic sent out an e-mail offering, if need be, up to $250 to re-locate insured vehicles.  Nice gesture!

Hey Stan -

I have more jack stands available if you were to need them. I am not too far away in Lewisville.

David

Shelby_r_b

Prayers coming your way,  Brian. Keep us posted!
Nothing beats a classic!