Author Topic: Ensuing Hurricane  (Read 6212 times)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ensuing Hurricane
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2018, 09:18:11 PM »
having experienced several storms in south florida,  a safe place that is used by some is finding a cement parking garage like in a mall or airport
in south florida these usually public parking areas are several stories high and made of concrete, thus no worries about the winds, flooding or storm surge
also dont assume that your area is not going to be affected because the experts predictions
these storms have a mind of their own
prepare now and be safe
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2018, 07:31:46 AM »
Let’s meet at Alton Road and 5th at the TJ Max cement parking garage for a party.
They have a good soda machine if memory serves.....
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

TedS

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2018, 08:35:12 AM »
Earlier this week the path was projected to go directly over all three family houses, 2 in NC and 1 in VA. Fortunately for us we only have one in the path now, at Emerald Isle NC. Its a very modest house but we've had it for almost 40 years. I don't know how long this web cam will stay up but its very close to the point of "predicted" landfall.
https://www.bogueinletpier.com/pier-cam/
If the link doesn't work it's the web cam for Bogue Inlet Pier.

3562 is in a garage here in the Raleigh area that should remain dry, assuming the roof stays intact. One can never predict the damage that might come from falling trees and flying objects. I take comfort in having insurance and knowing there are good people in the SAAC community that I believe could fix most anything. Hope we don't have to go down that road.

To our South Carolina neighbors, I'm sorry its predicted to turn your way. Praying for your safety.

Ted

FlyNavy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2018, 09:39:22 AM »
Busy tracking the hurricane in Charlotte!

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

• SAAC Member
  • “Drive it like you stole it”
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2018, 12:58:25 PM »
Earlier this week the path was projected to go directly over all three family houses, 2 in NC and 1 in VA. Fortunately for us we only have one in the path now, at Emerald Isle NC. Its a very modest house but we've had it for almost 40 years. I don't know how long this web cam will stay up but its very close to the point of "predicted" landfall.
https://www.bogueinletpier.com/pier-cam/
If the link doesn't work it's the web cam for Bogue Inlet Pier.

3562 is in a garage here in the Raleigh area that should remain dry, assuming the roof stays intact. One can never predict the damage that might come from falling trees and flying objects. I take comfort in having insurance and knowing there are good people in the SAAC community that I believe could fix most anything. Hope we don't have to go down that road.

To our South Carolina neighbors, I'm sorry its predicted to turn your way. Praying for your safety.

Ted

That water is starting to turn ugly
Thanks for the link, I have a friend who just moved to Leland and he has left the house, hope it survives intact.
Hope the storm just doesn't amount to much, but its not looking too good
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2018, 01:42:04 PM »
Boy, that Webcam view is darn clear. I was expecting a grainy B&W video that was cutting in and out.

TedS

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2018, 07:20:11 PM »
Web cam is now down. Lost power or internet. I think they cut power to the island on purpose when it starts to get bad.