News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Color code 14" Magnum 500 wheels

Started by mike-mustang, September 13, 2018, 05:56:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike-mustang

This is #775
It's going to be a driver for sure.
Ok I could do more assembly correct detailing, the front suspension and steering are MOOG parts and they don't come with the correct color, rivets, stamps... bud the quality is much more better than some correct style parts.
The car was some where in France sitting in a garage collecting dust since mid / late 80's, it has been used for regularity rally's.
It was well equipped with extra lights on the front.
Inside there was a non original console with a lot of switches, trip masters and CB radio.
It has definitely been used and abused.
The interior is still in good shape, it just needs a good clean up.
The only thing that I have to change is the carpet and dash pad, not that is was cracked, bud they drilled holes in it for a trip-master and reading light.
It was Claude Dubois who knew about this Shelby, from time to time he comes over to visit my shop to follow up this project.
Claude was a successful race driver in the 60-70, and exclusive dealer for Shelby, DeTomaso, AC,...
He competed Le Mans in 1967 with SFM5R539 
This is a nice interview with him about that car.
http://www.ponysite.de/sheleur_dubois.htm
Bud I think you all know aboud that...

SFM6S087

Thanks for the additional info about your special car. Interesting history. Sounds like it should be a solid, reliable driver when you get finished. Good luck with the restoration, and I know you'll have fun driving it when finished.

Steve