News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1968 Shelby GT 500 KR VERT

Started by 427heaven, September 13, 2018, 10:05:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

427heaven

I saw a 1968 SHELBY GT 500 kr vert cruising around the other day, and it was painted what I think was Gulfstream aqua. I fell in love with it right then and there. Was this a factory color for these cars I cant say I have seen another. If so can anyone tell me how many were painted this color in 1968 percentage wise, verts or fastbacks.

Coralsnake

No it was not a Shelby color in 1968.

The colors are all listed here: www.thecoralsnake.com/PAINT

427heaven

Thanks Pete what was the next closest color to it Acapulco?

SNAKEBIT

I'd love to see a real Shelby on the street. I've never seen a Shelby on the street, in all my years. I'll be the one in my town driving the Shelby that no one has seen before, in the not-too-distant future. Yeah!
Waitin' for the day I get my first '70 Shelby convertible!

propayne

They were a rare sight but I saw several on the street in the '70s and '80s.

Speaking of Acapulco Blue, in and around '82 I saw a GT500 KR fastback that color parallel parked in downtown Richmond VA on Franklin Street.

Never saw the owner.

Also saw a very warn '68 GT350 'vert also parallel parked just off of Monument Ave. Can't remember it's color but did talk with it's owner. Remember him saying he was going to keep it until it turned to dust.

One of the mansions on Monument also had a yellow Pantera parked in the driveway.

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

Bigfoot

Quote from: 427heaven on September 13, 2018, 10:05:36 AM
I saw a 1968 SHELBY GT 500 kr vert cruising around the other day, and it was painted what I think was Gulfstream aqua. I fell in love with it right then and there. Was this a factory color for these cars I cant say I have seen another. If so can anyone tell me how many were painted this color in 1968 percentage wise, verts or fastbacks.

Must have looked great. I love that color. Always wanted a 68.5 in that shade.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI