News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Car wax

Started by deathsled, September 09, 2018, 02:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

Just bought a Mother's 2.0 clay bar that is actually a really soft rubber pad good for 20 cars.  My car was quite clean to begin with but it did seem to remove a bit of road grime after the wash.  Then started waxing with P21S 100 percent carnauba wax.  Above is the result.  Is it apparent which had wax and which did not?  Hood versus top of fender?  I like the wax so I'm going out to finish the car after a meal of CS chili, rice and broccoli. 
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

SNAKEBIT

Great looking shine, deathsled. Same shine I got on my CR-V after lots of very sweaty work with Meguiar's Professional line of glazes and their wax. Thanks for mentioning Sonax. I'll have to try it. Does anyone use Rain X on their windows; I do. Also, I can't find any wheel protectant on the shelves of my local auto stores, like AutoZone and Pep Boys. I bought a can from one of those two places a few years back. I guess I'll have to hit the internet, again!
Waitin' for the day I get my first '70 Shelby convertible!

CSX 4133

SnakeBit,

Give another Sonax product a try, it's their Sonax rim shield.  It protects all different types of wheels and lasts on my daily drivers for a month or longer.

https://www.sonaxusa.com/sonax-wheel-rim-shield.html

SNAKEBIT

Ok, great. Thanks for the heads-up. I guess I have to buy it online? Ok.
Waitin' for the day I get my first '70 Shelby convertible!