News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

taking forever for any thread to come up!!

Started by 69mach351w, January 24, 2018, 12:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

These are server issues. It would appear that the program was just reloaded onto the old junk server?
DO NOT rely on this website to store any important information. Back up what you need on your own computer.
This thing is just going to crash again and probably melt.
The Forum needs a new server and simply put, no one wants to pay for one.

As more data is loaded into it, the situation is just going to get worse. Before it was just with picture uploads. Now it is with all data.

Just a warning to everyone.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Quote from: 69mach351w on January 26, 2018, 09:59:13 AM
Quote from: NC TRACKRAT on January 25, 2018, 09:28:34 PM
Much better tonight!  You must've fed the hamsters!  Keep 'em rolling!
Maybe last night, Not this morning!!

Kinda like it's on a DSL line that slows when your neighbors get online?

Actually, it is worse than that.

Chris Thauberger

Not sure what you all are referring to. Site works ok for me but I have a fiber link and live in Canada.

Maybe ole 45 dialed down the internet in the states that didn't 'see the light'  :'(

LOL
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

terlingua11

Still brutal for me. Took approx, 5 min to load this thread and reply to it. 3 Internal Server Errors.  :-[ Hope it changes soon-
SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R

Bigfoot

Pretty slow.
Not like old site.
Hopefully they R working on it.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

FL SAAC

working great on this side, if it is slow on your side just remember the old ketchup where Carly Simon sang ANTICIPATION.....
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on January 26, 2018, 06:46:08 PM
working great on this side, if it is slow on your side just remember the old ketchup where Carly Simon sang ANTICIPATION.....

If it takes 5 minutes to load a page, it ain't fun.

427heaven

3 minutes aint no fun could we please get an update on whats still wrong with the speed, with sugar on top even! :-\

EdwardGT350

saac.com loads immediately.
when clicking on the forum tab, then it takes forever to load. maybe just that subsection has the issue?
1966 GT350 6s1761

bigmmac

Don Johnston

Do I have to put my seat belt on first to get it to go faster? 

Working much, much better nearing Midnight pacific coast time

Still think it is connection speed on the server end of things

69mach351w

Quote from: 2112 on January 26, 2018, 07:07:58 PM
Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on January 26, 2018, 06:46:08 PM

If it takes 5 minutes to load a page, it ain't fun.
Well, actually sometimes it don't load after 5 minutes, its gives you the internet server error after waiting patiently for that 5 minutes :-\.

Like someone on here earlier in this thread mentioned, "this is the computer age and we want things to happen right away at our finger tips and thats the way it should be in this time of the cyber space era. If this was 10 yrs ago, 5 minutes wouldn't be nothing. 

gjz30075

Still slow for me, and frustrating, now that 'Models with Shelbys' is an active thread ;D
Greg Z
6S2249