Author Topic: Self-Protection EDC  (Read 6641 times)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Self-Protection EDC
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2018, 08:16:51 PM »
yesah...lol
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2018, 09:55:12 PM »
Wow, that is an expensive .45. Sounds nice. Glad you two carry. I'll try to rent a Glock 43, if I can. Thanks for the good advice.

Check Goupon in your area - often ranges will offer discounts through them with rentals, a box or so of bullets and a couple of targets.  Took advantage of this to take the wife out a while back to try out a couple of different guns for her.  That and lunch made an easy date of it ;)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 11:31:43 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2018, 09:42:25 AM »
Yes, been a responsible conceal carry person for several years.

And Yes, carry my weapon everywhere I go. Except Church and fed/state properties.

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2018, 09:49:50 AM »
I've grown up with small arms...fired my first shot when I was 3 yrs. old, shot trap and skeet in competition as a teen-ager.  Both wife & I have had CCP's since they were offered here. One of my collateral duties in the Navy was small arms co-ordinator, OIC of the base armory and R&P Team.  Whatever you chose, "Don't leave home without it" and I don't mean AMEX!  Hopefully, you'll never have to use it.
NC, so we're not having to sit here and guess, us non-military civilians, let all know what the initials mean ;)

I know what CCP means, but some reading may not.

Chris Thauberger

• Gold is money. Everything else is credit.
    • View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2018, 10:04:29 AM »
Well AMEX stands for American Express.
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

SNAKEBIT

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2018, 02:38:09 PM »
I often leave home without it, but I will put my best foot forward this coming week to not do that. I need a 9mm and all I have right now, is a .32 with hollow points. It'll put the hurt on someone, but I want more power, so the Glock 43 will do. I want to carry inside the waistband. I also need to lose about 30 lbs., which is why I don't carry on my belt much, that and often my t-shirts during the Summer show a pretty big imprint. During the Fall and Winter, it is easier to conceal around my waist, of course. Thanks for all the imput, guys. Glad you all are staying safe. G-d forbid we would ever have to shoot someone. That is one of my biggest fears.
Waitin' for the day I get my first '70 Shelby convertible!

NC TRACKRAT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2018, 05:28:03 PM »
OIC=Officer in Charge  R&P=Rifle & Pistol  CCP=Concealed Carry Permit
FWIW, there's really no one pistol to fit all occasions.  I currently carry a Ruger LCP .380 for maximum concealment and have two different holsters for it, one "in the pocket" and one that converts to either in or outside the waistband.  The other is a Ruger LC9S in 9mm with a convertible IWB or OWB holster.  I've equipped both pistols with Crimson Trace lasers.  My wife prefers wheel guns (revolvers) for their simplicity....a Colt Cobra .38 Special and a Smith & Wesson 351PD in .22 Magnum. Both are very lightweight and easily concealable.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 08:52:52 PM by NC TRACKRAT »
5S071, 6S1467

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2018, 06:31:49 PM »
Cool NC ;)

I have my CCP and have for years. I carry a 1915 .32 Colt hammerless. My wifes Granny bought it back then (she was born in 1895), gave it to her Son (my Dad in Law), and when he passed, my wife inherited it :)

Super pistol, VERY accurate

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2018, 07:04:31 PM »
I often leave home without it, but I will put my best foot forward this coming week to not do that. I need a 9mm and all I have right now, is a .32 with hollow points. It'll put the hurt on someone, but I want more power, so the Glock 43 will do. I want to carry inside the waistband. I also need to lose about 30 lbs., which is why I don't carry on my belt much, that and often my t-shirts during the Summer show a pretty big imprint. During the Fall and Winter, it is easier to conceal around my waist, of course. Thanks for all the imput, guys. Glad you all are staying safe. G-d forbid we would ever have to shoot someone. That is one of my biggest fears.

There was an interesting case in Arizona (pro-gun state) where a guy defended himself by shooting a crazed man wielding a shovel (IIRC) and was prosecuted for murder because he used Hydra-Shock hollow point instead of FMJ.

That was 5-6 years ago I think. Food for thought.   ::)

SNAKEBIT

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2018, 08:35:26 PM »
2112, probably some libturd prosecutor wanted to make a case outta his use of something other than fmj. Tsk, tsk. It's amazing what some people think is important in this life.

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2018, 10:16:39 PM »
Yes, but I think the prosecutor prevailed. I am not sure if it has been appealed. Wish I knew more specifics.

6s1802

• Mamber since 1981
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2018, 11:27:21 PM »
50 state retired LEO CCW, is the only way to go.

CSX 4133

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2018, 06:44:32 AM »
50 state retired LEO CCW, is the only way to go.

Thirty-five years retired from Law enforcement, I used my privilege for a few years but I've grown accustomed to not feeling I need to carry. Looks like we share some close commonality 6s1802, 6S1806 owner here.   :)

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2018, 02:08:13 PM »
OIC=Officer in Charge  R&P=Rifle & Pistol  CCP=Concealed Carry Permit
FWIW, there's really no one pistol to fit all occasions.  I currently carry a Ruger LCP .380 for maximum concealment and have two different holsters for it, one "in the pocket" and one that converts to either in or outside the waistband.  The other is a Ruger LC9S in 9mm with a convertible IWB or OWB holster.  I've equipped both pistols with Crimson Trace lasers.  My wife prefers wheel guns (revolvers) for their simplicity....a Colt Cobra .38 Special and a Smith & Wesson 351PD in .22 Magnum. Both are very lightweight and easily concealable.
Stan,

Here’s a couple photos of my .32 hammerless. This pistol was manufactured in 1915.  I found this information out on the coltcollectors.com website several months back.

Hard to believe this pistol is over 100 years old, it looks almost new  ;)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 02:10:45 PM by 69mach351w »

SNAKEBIT

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2018, 04:06:57 PM »
69Mach, nice pistol.
Thanks to our leo for their service to their respective communities.
I'm glad Kentucky issues CCDW permits, instead of the regular CCW. Anyways, everyone stay safe out there. Violence happens, nowadays, everywhere it seems. Hospitals, shopping malls, sports and music venues, schools, churches, parking lots, state fairs, you name it and it is damn near everywhere. I'd rather be safe, than sorry and I know that is something our former leo members can agree on.