Author Topic: Children buy back beloved Ford Mustang dad sold to pay mom's cancer bills 17 yea  (Read 3015 times)

A1965GT350

• View Profile
Another story that reminds us that cars have been and will always be an important part of our life stories.

http://digg.com/video/kids-buy-back-mustang-for-dad
or
http://digg.com/video/kids-buy-back-mustang-for-dad

1109RWHP

• View Profile
Great story.

SFM6S087

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Those first two links didn't work well for me, so I found this one.

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/09/17/children-buy-back-beloved-ford-mustang-dad-sold-to-pay-moms-cancer-bills-17-years-ago.html

Same story, just a different hosting source.

Steve

stephen_becker

• View Profile
"My wife and I have succeeded, we've raised productive adults, it's the strongest, most powerful feeling that a parent can have."
 I wish all parents shared this ethos.

SGB

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

• SAAC Member
  • “Drive it like you stole it”
    • View Profile
"My wife and I have succeeded, we've raised productive adults, it's the strongest, most powerful feeling that a parent can have."
 I wish all parents shared this ethos.

SGB
What ever parent wishes
Great family and an even greater story
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
Wow
What else can we say...
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Chad

• View Profile
My Dad owned a 1957 T-Bird when he and Mom got married in 1964. He had to sell it to get the money to put a down payment on their first house.  Ever since the time I was about 10 or 12 I said to myself I was going to buy that car back for him one day.  Well that day came in 2006!  I actually owned a restoration shop at the time and we restored the car and gave it to him in 2007!!  He drove the hell out of it for about seven years before he gave it to me because he ran out of garage space.  I let him drive it whenever he wants to!!

GT350Lad

• SAAC Member
  • Trent
    • View Profile
Great story, inspirational stuff
6S373
6S1276

SFM6S087

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
My Dad owned a 1957 T-Bird when he and Mom got married in 1964. He had to sell it to get the money to put a down payment on their first house.  Ever since the time I was about 10 or 12 I said to myself I was going to buy that car back for him one day.  Well that day came in 2006!  I actually owned a restoration shop at the time and we restored the car and gave it to him in 2007!!  He drove the hell out of it for about seven years before he gave it to me because he ran out of garage space.  I let him drive it whenever he wants to!!

Well done, Chad!

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
+ 1
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

QuickSilverShelby

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
That's a nice white GT.  I had the same 89 white GT coupe when I was 20.  It was my first performance car.   Good times.

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.