News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Children buy back beloved Ford Mustang dad sold to pay mom's cancer bills 17 yea

Started by A1965GT350, September 17, 2018, 07:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFM6S087

stephen_becker

"My wife and I have succeeded, we've raised productive adults, it's the strongest, most powerful feeling that a parent can have."
I wish all parents shared this ethos.

SGB

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Quote from: stephen_becker on September 18, 2018, 10:40:25 AM
"My wife and I have succeeded, we've raised productive adults, it's the strongest, most powerful feeling that a parent can have."
I wish all parents shared this ethos.

SGB
What ever parent wishes
Great family and an even greater story
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Chad

My Dad owned a 1957 T-Bird when he and Mom got married in 1964. He had to sell it to get the money to put a down payment on their first house.  Ever since the time I was about 10 or 12 I said to myself I was going to buy that car back for him one day.  Well that day came in 2006!  I actually owned a restoration shop at the time and we restored the car and gave it to him in 2007!!  He drove the hell out of it for about seven years before he gave it to me because he ran out of garage space.  I let him drive it whenever he wants to!!

GT350Lad

6S373
6S1276

SFM6S087

Quote from: Chad on September 18, 2018, 07:04:17 PM
My Dad owned a 1957 T-Bird when he and Mom got married in 1964. He had to sell it to get the money to put a down payment on their first house.  Ever since the time I was about 10 or 12 I said to myself I was going to buy that car back for him one day.  Well that day came in 2006!  I actually owned a restoration shop at the time and we restored the car and gave it to him in 2007!!  He drove the hell out of it for about seven years before he gave it to me because he ran out of garage space.  I let him drive it whenever he wants to!!

Well done, Chad!

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

QuickSilverShelby

That's a nice white GT.  I had the same 89 white GT coupe when I was 20.  It was my first performance car.   Good times.

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.