News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Shelby Lucas FT/LR8 Fog Lights

Started by Bossbill, September 18, 2018, 09:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bossbill

I was looking for info on the Lucas Fog Lights (68-up Shelby/CS) and found very little.

Looking for info on how to identify the correct original case, lens, wire and support.
Bill

67 GT350 Actual Build 3/2/67  01375
70 B302   6/6/70  0T02G160xxx

Coralsnake

Bossbill

Bill

Coralsnake

On a 1968, the wiring should exit the housing through a small black grommet.

Steve Z

Pete , I am looking for 1 glass lens that says " England " to replace a cracked lens. Do you know of a source? Thanks Steve I will also post this in the parts wanted section.

propayne

I read on the California Special Forum awhile ago that some of the "ENGLAND" lenses have "E11" in a circle cast or etched in the glass and some do not.

It is my understanding that the lenses without the "E11" are the correct lenses.

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

Coralsnake

I believe you are correct. The drawing shown is correct for the lens design

Sorry, I dont have a source for original lenses

propayne

Here is a picture of the original lens that came off an XR7-G.

This example is crusty but it should be what you are looking for.

- Phillip

President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

68blk500c

So far I have found 6 different ENGLAND lenses.  As far as I can tell, the one pictured in reply#7 is the earliest.
Don

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 68blk500c on September 20, 2018, 12:49:18 PM
So far I have found 6 different ENGLAND lenses.  As far as I can tell, the one pictured in reply#7 is the earliest.
Don
Yes ,good job documenting the different ENGLAND marked  lens styles Don.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bossbill

Am I missing the link or pic of the documented England lenses?
I wonder where my Lucas light falls.

My housing has the square concave adjuster stand and the nut as pictured. It does not have a black grommet.

[on edit -- I think my fog light matches this one:
http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=3072.0
[/edit]
Bill

Coralsnake

You have the "E11" cast in the glass. That is not the same as the original lenses.

The wiring ends were not sttached by butt connectors, but thats repairable.

The housings look fine

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Coralsnake on September 29, 2018, 09:16:17 AM
You have the "E11" cast in the glass. That is not the same as the original lenses.

The wiring ends were not sttached by butt connectors, but thats repairable.

The housings look fine
It looks like the housing is the one with the larger grey grommet instead of the small black grommet. That would indicate that it was a later production then what was used on even 69/70 Shelby's let alone 68 IMO. If you take out the grey grommet the hole is larger then the hole used for the black grommet.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

texas swede

My friend Roland and I bought a bunch of NOS and used Lucas Lights from a Shelby guy in England (London?)
about 35 years ago. I believe his name was Eric Barfield but could be wrong as memory doesn't get better
over the years. Roland used two on his 70 GT350 Convertible and I believe we sold the rest.
Texas Swede