News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

BJ 67 Gt500 Blue/Parchment

Started by sfm5s081, September 21, 2018, 01:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfm5s081

Sure looks nice! Though it is a reserve car, so that means it has to be $250 or above. Should be interesting.

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1967-SHELBY-GT500-223390

Surprised they put LeMans stripes on a high level restoration

Still super nice car.

Shelby_r_b

I could be wrong, but I'm almost certain that the reserve level for BJ in Las Vegas is $150K.
Nothing beats a classic!

gt350cs

If my numbers are correct this is a 1 of 14 with color and interior in the base model GT500 with 4 speed (67400F).

427heaven

That is a beauty, even better with the stripes..... STUNNING! :)

tesgt350

Did those Transverse Mufflers always hang that low and that crooked?

67_1183

Quote from: gt350cs on September 21, 2018, 02:46:12 PM
If my numbers are correct this is a 1 of 14 with color and interior in the base model GT500 with 4 speed (67400F).

And the lowest Shelby VIN of the group.
2nd owner of 67 GT500 #1183 since September 1976

J_Speegle

Quote from: 2112 on September 21, 2018, 02:29:52 PM
Surprised they put LeMans stripes on a high level restoration

Too bad they didn't include some undercarriage pictures or maybe they choose not to restore the underside - just did the top side.  Nice color combination

Looks like the current owner has been out enjoying the car
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bob Gaines

Quote from: tesgt350 on September 21, 2018, 03:16:34 PM
Did those Transverse Mufflers always hang that low and that crooked?
They typically hung down as low as the driver side . The passenger side is crooked because that end is too low. It should not be crooked.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Chad

So does anyone know anything about this car?  Other than what is in the registry.

sfm5s081

I prefer it with black interior. I am somewhat biased though

bossmike

I know the car well, we restored it in 2007. Car won Premier WAAAAYYYYY back in the day. Had Lemans stripes on it back then and owner wanted them when we redid the car so it got them. Preference. Undercarriage is fully restored as well. all original suspension, NOS ball joints and correct rivets, no grease zerts, Spec rear end, RUG S trans with ford vin, repop exhaust pipes as it had original on it at resto but was rusted and Fuller wasnt doing them then, has original exhaust hardware, 734 dated BJ/BK carbs, trans is painted cast iron grey instead of natural, older resto had individual pans replaced so we put a one piece floor in it, red oxide with correct overspray and blacked out rocker, all other sheet metal is original....
My opinion is the car is a good Division II caliber car but would need some updating an "cleaning" to make it Gold ready.

Any more questions I'd be happy to help. Car has a reserve but owner brought to sell and anyone on this board who is a serious capable buyer would happily write a check for that amount right now if they could.

Mike McCullough

sfm5s081

Quote from: bossmike on September 25, 2018, 05:06:37 PM
I know the car well, we restored it in 2007. Car won Premier WAAAAYYYYY back in the day. Had Lemans stripes on it back then and owner wanted them when we redid the car so it got them. Preference. Undercarriage is fully restored as well. all original suspension, NOS ball joints and correct rivets, no grease zerts, Spec rear end, RUG S trans with ford vin, repop exhaust pipes as it had original on it at resto but was rusted and Fuller wasnt doing them then, has original exhaust hardware, 734 dated BJ/BK carbs, trans is painted cast iron grey instead of natural, older resto had individual pans replaced so we put a one piece floor in it, red oxide with correct overspray and blacked out rocker, all other sheet metal is original....
My opinion is the car is a good Division II caliber car but would need some updating an "cleaning" to make it Gold ready.

Any more questions I'd be happy to help. Car has a reserve but owner brought to sell and anyone on this board who is a serious capable buyer would happily write a check for that amount right now if they could.

Mike McCullough

Hi Mike, I assume the reserve is $250 or a little more as that's what BJ requires. Too bad he didn't consign it to WW

bossmike

Reserve Threshold for Barrett-Jackson non scottsdale auctions is $150,000. I can't disclose reserve numbers, but it is very reasonable. As the Director of Consignment for Barrett-Jackson, I believe the seller made the right choice for where to sell the car.  ;)

WW is a great company and still great friends of mine.