Author Topic: CSX 4133 idling  (Read 3622 times)

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
CSX 4133 idling
« on: September 21, 2018, 09:37:52 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF8An64G2eo

I actually started to write a piece of music for piano centered around the idle of this Cobra.  I never finished the piece but might dig it out again and see what I can do.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

CSX 4133

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: CSX 4133 idling
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 10:34:07 AM »

I'd love to hear that piece if and when you finish it. That video was shoot by the previous owner just before my purchasing the car.

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 10:43:05 AM »
The staccato constant rhythm inspired me. I began writing it in 4/4 time in a major key as a fun piece. It needs to crackle in the bass and treble. I will dig it out later today. Absolutely love your Cobra. Even the color speaks to the skin tone of a venomous snake.

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 12:32:59 PM »
I blew the dust off of the manuscript last night. Now 16 measures into it. I will work toward finishing and put up on line once complete. Written in C minor thus far for you music scholars out there. May transition to the relative major key of E flat if it fits. Will see.

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 01:37:15 PM »
Opened up a floodgate yesterday morning busting through a mental block. I hope to finish the piece this weekend. It has to thump like a 427 engine ready to smash up everything that gets in its way. I call the music Seven Liter Cobra as a working title.

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 03:00:26 PM »
Here is what I have so far.  Need to finish it this weekend so I can move on to something else.  A bit of a struggle to play my own music. LOL!  I wonder if other composers wrote music too hard for themselves.  Hmmmm...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AhMrOmUpNA&feature=youtu.be

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2018, 03:29:45 PM »
My Pantera has a similar idle. My son wants to know what's wrong with the engine and says that I must have a vacuum leak. He also claims I need to burn the cpu with a new curve. Some things just don't translate well into his generation?

He doesn't believe me when I tell him it is supposed to sound like that.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

kjspeed

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2018, 05:12:08 PM »
Doug, tell him to bring over his laptop and then stand back and watch him look for somewhere to plug it in. When he gives up tell him it's wireless and crack open an adult beverage as he tries to find the connection. For bonus points you can rename your home router "pantera" so he thinks he's almost there. When he gives up, take him behind the car while it's idling and ask him to take a deep breath. If yours is anything like mine he will get a snoot full of sweet, unburned race fuel. You can then explain how your highly calibrated nose IS the computer. Silly kids!
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2018, 05:21:52 PM »
Doug, tell him to bring over his laptop and then stand back and watch him look for somewhere to plug it in. When he gives up tell him it's wireless and crack open an adult beverage as he tries to find the connection. For bonus points you can rename your home router "pantera" so he thinks he's almost there. When he gives up, take him behind the car while it's idling and ask him to take a deep breath. If yours is anything like mine he will get a snoot full of sweet, unburned race fuel. You can then explain how your highly calibrated nose IS the computer. Silly kids!

He was walking across the driveway about 20 feet away. The car was idling. The exhaust pulse knocked off his baseball cap. Seemed like just revenge to me?

My Pantera is my car with the Webers on it and has a more radical idle very similar to this Cobra's.

My 68 GT350 is a little more civil. After all, it's an ex-Hertz car and we wouldn't want customer complaints now would we?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 05:24:00 PM by shelbydoug »
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

kjspeed

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2018, 05:49:32 PM »
He was walking across the driveway about 20 feet away. The car was idling. The exhaust pulse knocked off his baseball cap. Seemed like just revenge to me?

So he flipped his lid?  ;)

About a week ago I went with a friend of mine who just bought a Model T to visit a fella with 5 Model T variants. He also has a 71 Pantera. I was standing behind it as he fired it up. If I had a hat on, it would have come off. Besides the exhaust tips pointing up at your face, there is only about 18" of exhaust pipe after the header collector and then a short little resonator "muffler". His had a fairly stock cam and 4bbl but still had a fine rumble.
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2018, 07:13:50 PM »

So he flipped his lid?  ;)

About a week ago I went with a friend of mine who just bought a Model T to visit a fella with 5 Model T variants. He also has a 71 Pantera. I was standing behind it as he fired it up. If I had a hat on, it would have come off. Besides the exhaust tips pointing up at your face, there is only about 18" of exhaust pipe after the header collector and then a short little resonator "muffler". His had a fairly stock cam and 4bbl but still had a fine rumble.

Yea. Freaky huh? 8)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2018, 02:17:35 PM »
Piece is finished at a run time of 1 minute 20 seconds at a fairly good clip. (Maybe the lap time of a Cobra at some track.) I am looking at working titles such as: One Lap in a Cobra or One Lap in a 427 Cobra Or CSX Cobra or Seven Liter Cobra or One Lap in a CSX Cobra. This last one keeps it more inclusive as to all Cobras though it was the engine in CSX 4133 that inspired me. Opinions welcome.
I'll put it up on line when I get a chance to record it.

CSX 4133

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2018, 03:27:30 PM »

The initial recording sounds great to my untrained ear. My accomplished pianist daughter stated it would make an excellent left hand agility piano exercise.

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2018, 04:45:57 PM »
I will send a print copy of it once I finalize the dynamics.

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2018, 07:55:30 PM »
Completed sheet music.  I will record it later when I have a moment.  Seven Liter Cobra will be the title.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 07:59:42 PM by deathsled »