News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

csx3000 in a barn

Started by acman63, January 24, 2018, 07:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acman63

SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

gt350shelb

this was only discovered  this year
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

shelbydoug

To me that is THE most amazing find ever. It's difficult to imagine something better? What is the CSX number on that car? It probably is a 3200 number with the 428?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

silverton_ford

Quote from: shelbydoug on January 27, 2018, 08:09:27 AM
To me that is THE most amazing find ever. It's difficult to imagine something better? What is the CSX number on that car? It probably is a 3200 number with the 428?

After analyzing the registry I think it could be 3278.   What do you think?

shelbydoug

Quote from: silverton_ford on January 27, 2018, 11:10:08 PM
Quote from: shelbydoug on January 27, 2018, 08:09:27 AM

After analyzing the registry I think it could be 3278.   What do you think?

We need Ned's input.

I don't get the point of the barn find? It isn't like the owner will pay you to paint the house by giving you the car?

These cars are probably involved in an Estate sale and the manager is trying to top them out. An original 427 street car like this is worth around a million and you probably will need to pay more for the mice and cobwebs?

Even if you got them for nothing if you tried to register them for the street the state in charge has a list of valuations of them and you will pay the sales tax according to that.

It still comes down to being a billionaire to afford even a barn find but I suppose dreams die very hard?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Ned is still waiting for the page to load.

If these go to auction. They will both be well into 7 figures.

We will be hearing a lot about these cars in the foreseeable future.

A-Snake

I believe the CSX of this car is being kept private for the time being.   8)

Cobra Ned

Or it could already have been mentioned, as the owner is in the registry and a few people know who he is. :P

silverton_ford

The Barn Find Hunter Cobra and Ferrari will be auctioned off at Amelia Island in March.

https://youtu.be/3t4aO-XuUHY

Quote from: silverton_ford on February 07, 2018, 12:42:36 AM
The Barn Find Hunter Cobra and Ferrari will be auctioned off at Amelia Island in March.

https://youtu.be/3t4aO-XuUHY

Surprise!      ::)

Shelby_r_b

Nothing beats a classic!

shelbydoug

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

A-Snake

No real surprise. The estate planned to sell the cars.

silverton_ford

KR Convertible

Looks to be a pretty much un-molested example.

Any estimates?  Maybe we should start a pool!