News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Grabber Orange

Started by Wedgeman, September 24, 2018, 01:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wedgeman

A friend asked me if there were 2 kinds of Grabber Orange...I did not have an answer for him...what is the color of these 2 called??

tesgt350

Top is Grabber Orange
Bottom is Calypso Coral

Coralsnake

There is only one Grabber Orange.

Special colors generally are identified only by code numbers, but people attach names.

Calypso Coral was also called Vermillion, Competition Red, Poppy Red, dark orange, WT 5185 and a number of other names depending on year and application.

Wedgeman

TOBKOB

My 69 is competition red on the window sticker and also on the Marti  :)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

SNAKEBIT

Quote from: Coralsnake on September 24, 2018, 02:57:00 PM
There is only one Grabber Orange.

Special colors generally are identified only by code numbers, but people attach names.

Calypso Coral was also called Vermillion, Competition Red, Poppy Red, dark orange, WT 5185 and a number of other names depending on year and application.
I read that the Grabber colors, did not have a code from Ford and were nick-named as such.
Waitin' for the day I get my first '70 Shelby convertible!

corbins

SNAKEBIT

Yah, the convertible '70's are my favs. I also really like the '68-'69s, too.
Waitin' for the day I get my first '70 Shelby convertible!

Bill

Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Bill Collins

Calypso Coral was referred to as Competition Red when ordered on a Shelby. This color was also used on 65 Mustangs where it was known as Poppy Red. They all have the same paint mix code.
Enthusiast since 1965, SAAC charter member since 1975 and Regional Rep since 1985, GT350 Owner since 1971, 289 Cobra owner 1979-2016, Ford GT owner 2006 - 2017

Special Ed

Mercury had different names for paint than ford cars even thou they were the same paint color. Dodge & Plymouth called their purple - plum crazy or in violet depending on the company.

propayne

Generally Mercury called them "Competition" and Ford called them "Grabber".

I know a gentleman that has both a factory Calypso Coral GT-E and XR7-G.

- Phillip

President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

Coralsnake

Damn, those Cougars are beautiful.   :P

I like both Oranges myself. Coin toss which I like more.

papa scoops

are the seats wrong in the gte ? phred